Main Menu

XTNCT - wht th fck ws ll tht bt?

Started by Dudley, 22 December, 2003, 03:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bony Fella

I'm with the Trout. Dinosaurs rule! More please.

Richmond Clements

And that's what's great about this place!
The writer of the bloody strip takes the time to read our silly questions... and answer them.

Oh and Paul, watched the last episode of your Doctor Who thingy on the BBC site... jolly good show old man!!

Are you doing any more?

Colin YNWA

Well wow just read this last night in the hardcover and bloody loved it. While at the same time feeling compelled to read it again tonight to double check some facts (I was pretty tired when reading it). I got the plot and story but was reading all kinds of subtexts etc into in which having just looked thought this thread might well just be me once again trying to find things that just aren't there.

Still the most important thing is it made me want to read it again immediately. Its a pretty slight thing but there's very few comics that I do this with as there's so much stuff in my read pile (well shelves!). I think last time was 'Final Crisis' and I bloody love it when this happens. Its indicative that its great comics but great comics that not only challenge me but challenge me enough to want to go back and explore in those deep waters again.

Ok so beautifully realised dinosaurs chomping ass (on so many levels I'm thinking) predisposes me to love it but these so much packed in there. Its possibly too dense and needs room to breathe a bit but its compelling for all that. D'Isreali's art is as ever just so wonderful and Paul Cornell is one of my favourite writers at the moment (is anybody reading his Action Comics run, who'd ever want Superman back!). Clearly I need to go back and check out some points, missed the Dino Messiah making Rex grow a new brain and that might be the final piece of the puzzle I needed.

Biting (possibly?)

ThryllSeekyr

I brought the graphic novel for this a while back and have since read it. As for a exact recollection, my memory needs more refreshing.

All I remember is some team of intelligent dinosaurs with cybernetic implants.

Colin YNWA

Well read it again last night and all the bits I missed (well the second brain) well clear and obvious (I'm putting that down to tiredness) and I've come to the conclusion that XTNCT is bloody brilliant.

Thryllseekyr dig it out its well, well worth it.

CrazyFoxMachine

wow Pau-
*suddenly realised his posts were eight years ago*

Sod it.