Main Menu

Thread moderating

Started by Dudley, 13 January, 2004, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Hands off oor sour plooms you plucky little eurorats!!

LSD for all! 144 pennies still make a pound in my book.

(hence my financial ruin)

Pourhoose Huff

DDT did a job on me

test 4 echo

"metric martyrs" ?

if god wanted us to go metric, why were there 12 disciples?

Dudley

http://metropolitanlivinghomes.cloudmakers.org/images/dunce.jpg">

thrillpowerseeker

Yes no wonder..it was 240 pennies in a pound..

esoteric ed

Moderating is a bit of a sore point for me right now, I resigned as a moderator of 2 years at the weekend and the forum I was on has been shut down after around 7 years, sadly spoilt by losers!

I was a fair Moderator and we had several different boards, but we had people using them to promote Animal rights, and people posting corpses and starting personal attacks etc and it became a farce.

I think you've got it rather good here, it's full of high spirit here, but I've never seen anyone cross the line... or don't I read carefully enough? ;-)

Ed

Trout

Gagh! Dragged... back... to... topic...

Nnnnnnnn.

Okay, AFAIK, we've only had one person banned: the much-discussed but never-mentioned one.

It strikes me that Dudley's is a good idea, but a great deal of work.

I don't think it's necessary, as we don't have a major problem.

I reject utterly every accusation that this board is a clique.
Anyone is free to join at any time. No-one is rejected.

There are some in-jokes, but a bit of reading or a short explanation - which anyone is willing to provide, with a handy link for reference - clues a newbie in on any joke.

Newbies, say hello and we'll welcome you. We have have an official welcomer.

I'm not prepared to be required to check in on the board at fixed or regular intervals to moderate anything.
I dip into the board - and post a lot, admittedly - when I can, but I don't want to be an official here, and I suspect most others don't either.

I enjoy the positive, silly atmosphere on the board.
All you need to do is observe basic rules of courtesy, as in any conversation, and you will fit in fine.

Can we talk about sweets again, now?

- Trout

thrillpowerseeker

Thread moderating?..That idea is so infested with thrill suckers as to be beyond belief

Queen Firey-Bou

why dudley ! thats a fantastic idea for a clique ridden hierachical arch-dull fashist board, i love it !

the blue & pink ones with the wee bobbles on are the best evah !

Floyd-the-k

if possible it wouldn`t be a bad idea. The thread would appear with the comment (moderated thread) so posters would know that their posts could be removed by the thread starter.
  One consequence you would have to reckon with would be a proliferation of extra threads containing the silly comments removed from the moderated threads. There would be a lot of extra threads with titles like "Dudly has removed my comment but this must be heard!". So the net amount of silliness might be displaced rather than reduced.

I really must go and make tests for students.
Jelly is vile

Floyd

Quirkafleeg

"people posting corpses"

Did they send them COD?

stront692

i have only just recently discovered that u can post different topics and reply to individual posts (although it takes ages for the screen to pop up so still dont do it)

maybe people just dont know???

the instructions arent clear (it took me ages to notice the dont forget to select which message u are replying too)

how about numbering the posts and then u could simply state which number u are replying to

longmanshort

What? you didn't think all that animosity was real, did you?!?

longmanshort hurridly tries to cancel that contract killer ...

http://www.zwpatch.com/images/miscellaneous/crosshairs.GIF">
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

esoteric ed

"people posting corpses" :-p

(my fault for typing too fast, a s  u s u a l)

they were often via Rotten.com :-0

Ed

Steamboy

I've noticed I have the touch of death for threads, expect to see this one drop very rapidly now I've posted on it. I'm very new to all this board malarky and am not sure if I've offended anybody, if I have I'm sorry, dont agree with thread moderating, am I the only person in the world who doesn't like licorice?

Cu Krestel touch of death

stront692

i dont like liquorice either (except the red stuff, and on those odd occasions when u can find it yellow and green)