Main Menu

Prog 1377

Started by ukdane, 16 February, 2004, 02:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

COVER: A Valkyries cover by Frazer Irving. Logo obscured again!

Valkyries: I've not read the tale itself yet, but from flicking through, I'd say the Sh1t is gonna hit the fan with this one! John Lucas, artsis, is American according to Tharg's Input this week. Oh, and it's a double length episode, so that means only 4 stories this week.

Droid Life: OK

Dredd: Bit fo a weak ending, but like the fact that Dredd can't be bothered (to knackered) to save his rescue team.

Red Seas: Ace, although not a lot actually happens this week.

VC's: Not read it yet.
Cheers

-Daney

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Woolly

My girlfriend asked me on saturday in the pub!

Suffice to say ive been grinning like a leprechaun on ecstasy ever since!!

I'll post a pic of my ring (fnarr!) soon!

One very happy Woolly!

ukdane

Forgot to mention there's an Alien Invasion too.

TAI: Nice!

VC's: Pah! Run of the mill. et's hope it heats up next week (OK, so the tag says "Iced!").

I've read Valkyries now.
OH MY GOD! This is bad. Artist reminds me of Steve Pugh's artwork. Story comes across (in this episode) as a cross between Bison and Space Girls. And I'm sorry, but if I want that much nipplage in my prog, I'd go down the street and buy a prono. It's unneccessary!
Cheers

-Daney

Steamboy

lynch em, kill these damn yankee creators we know they cant produce decent strips...;) remember EPISODE 1 more to come....

CU Krestel(not getting this ish for about 2 months)

Jared Katooie

Hey! I like Steve Pugh!

Steamboy

Me too thats why the ;) was there.

CU Krestel

The Amstor Computer

Got it, read it. Brief thoughts:

Dredd is disappointing, but expectations were never too high for this story. Next week should be a massive improvement.

Red Seas is, as ever, a prog highlight.

VCs rolls along in it's well-worn rut. I'm not interested, I'm not entertained & I look forward to it ending soon.

Alien Invasions is a nice little one-pager, and I hope Henry Flint has more of these lined up.

Valkyries. Yes, it's only the first episode, but this looks like an absolute bucket of shit. The only good points so far:

We get a Frazer Irving cover.
The introduction of the useful "New Thrill" page.

Tharg's "hey, it's all about the story" plug for this bollocks just infuriates, and I suspect he'll be receiving more than a few letters on the subject over the next few weeks...

Art

Hmm, despite my usual reservations about boobtacular covers I actually really like this one -  Frazers normal excellent work remains good when he's doing something a little different form his usual style - and I'm holding out hope for the story as it sounds more like the kind of thing Steve Moore has been doing with art Adams over at ABC rather than the "Killer" kind of thing.

test 4 echo

dredd - turned out to be a bit of a nothing story in the end.

vcs - skim through it, dont care, havent since i got lost in the whos dead, ghosts, where, when and why?

valks - ffs. blackblood hit the nail on the head with his description of this one.

tai - like this occasion series, liked this one.

red seas - current fav, but in this prog its got little in the way of competition.

Mangamax

Man, that's the worst Prog i've read in a long, long while. Please let it be a blip.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Quirkafleeg

That's what I want to see the first time I open my prog for the first time... a fit bird jilling herself!

Sorry Art who?

Mangamax

"jilling"????? First time i've heard it called that. Is it regional? (fnarr)
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Quirkafleeg

I think it might actually come from the States... female equivalent of jacking off, see

Byron Virgo

Jilling means something else entirely down here (it's to do with what it rhymes with)