Main Menu

Is Dredd going to do a Taggart

Started by LARF, 25 February, 2004, 07:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Know what I mean? Rico takes over, Dredd does the long walk?

Jared Katooie

I hope so. That'd be the best end to his career. Then a younger writer could take over with Rico as a younger Dredd.

But who could that be?

rc

LARF

Hey, what would be good is a female dredd! Commentos please - she would be an ugly looking bird though, big chin and muscles?

Jared Katooie

It would have to be somebody who writes for 2000AD regularly...

Someone who has written the strip before...

But who?

rc

Sally Gunnell could play her in the film.

LARF

Sally Gunnell as Joanne Dredd - LOL!!!

Mr C

Reading the title of the thread I thought this would be about Dredd with a scottish accent investigating Muhrrrrrrrdahs.

rc

It's "mohhhrrdahh" actually.

See what happens?

LARF

I was refering to the fact that Taggart is called taggart but Taggart has not been in Taggart for years, but they kept the name. Therefore if Rico takes over will Judge Dredd still be called Judge Dredd if Judge Dredd is not in it, but has retired, done the long walk, deed, been moihhdarddd, flattened by a runaway fatty etc. etc.

Jared Katooie

You're both wrong.

It's pronounced "Moaardarrh".

JK.

LARF

Moaardarrh - I thought that was where hobbits go to lose their ring?

rc

"moihhdarddd"???

Is Dredd going to do a Cagney & Lacey?

Satanist

Actually Taggart drank in my old local (Queens Park Cafe).He had his own seat,the lot...and before he passed on he informed me it was "muhrduh"!

Do I win a prize?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

LARF

Is Dredd going to do a Cagney & Lacey???

What do you mean?

Would make a good light hearted one part strip though?

Moihhdarddd! - I am an artist and it is my expressive version of 'murder' in a scottish accent interpreted through a Yorkshire man's vocal talents and preserved on the internet as an installation of homage to cross border union between the scots and the brits - in other words male cow poo!