Main Menu

MEAN TEAM - what happenned??

Started by stront692, 15 March, 2004, 06:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stront692

the first series of MEAN TEAM was excellent and it ended - no longer being a future sport but paving the way for a possible quest back to DEATHWORLD or something

but there was nothing for ages - then the second series arrived and it had a different writer but a very familiar setting to the MELTDOWN MAN and was virtually the MELTDOWN MAN but with MEAN TEAM characters

when they were all wiped out that was just silly, really

2000ad often seems to do this, bringing back a series name with a new creative team that wipes out all that has gone before or new characters and just the same name

Mr D

I've only read the last part, where they were all wiped out... I don't know much about it. Wasn't there a survivor or something? The panther man dude fella guy?

Oddboy

I really liked the Mean Team's second series - it was one of the stories running when I first joined 2K. But then I really *don't* like sports stories - so it's gotta be better then the first series!
They shouldn't have brought it back for "Survivor" though, that sucked.
Better set your phaser to stun.

stront692

oh i liked survivor as well but i didnt like the art

but yep the plot twists in the second series really bizarre and just couldnt get into it, when crystal turned out to be an android or something with lasers coming out of her eyes???

i loved henry moon in the first one it was great and so did my uncle, and my dad come to think of it