Main Menu

Prog related mishaps

Started by Shewrog, 27 March, 2004, 02:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shewrog

Once, before I was a Subscriber and had to "leave the house" (overated)in order to buy an issue I did so and promptly left the newsagent with my latest prog clutched in my sweaty hand (it was the one where Danny Frank's friend dies from shrapnel-related head injury, he was on the cover) my right jean pocket bulging (my change)when all of a sudden a gust of wind came from knowhere, wrencing it from my hand and dropping it in a puddle. Cold sweat just thinking about it.
Anybody else had a similar experience ?

Noisybast

Yeah, I used to get my prog from a newsagent's on the other side of the local park, and I'd often have it ripped out of my hands by crosswinds.

Bloody weather...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

thrillpowerseeker

I remember when Sheba was a pup (our dog at the time)and was being housetrained, my mother witnessing her trying to 'go' on the carpet near our back door grabbed the first thing she could and plonked it underneath her just in time....yep it was prog 659....and i'd only read Dredd in it too...nitemare : (

Woolly

An ex-girlfiend (note the 'ex'!) once decided to use some back progs to line the cat litter tray!

Its only the fact that she luckily used a particularly crap prog from the nineties that saved her life.

I also had a leak in my bedroom roof that dripped overnight right on top of the prog that had the last episode of 'the Scrap' in it.

Bunch of crinkly-prog arse!!

Oddboy

I spilt a pint on top of this prog, but the glossyness of the paper meant it wiped of quite easily, with little wrinkling.http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/1358.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.

Jared Katooie

Thats too bad Odd. Better luck next time! ;)

Oddboy

Well the postie tried to destroy last week's photocover, but only managed to put a small cut in the cover.

Might try burning off the next crappy "media" cover.
Better set your phaser to stun.

therev

Hmmm..AAAAGES ago 'Tooth gave out a packt of HubbaBubba (during the Block Mania??). It was summer I was young, the gum was cola flavour.
I sat on the sun lounger, trying to blow a bubble as big as my head...

It took about a fortnight to bet that snecking stuff out of my hair! STILL can't eat a cola flavoured sweet without shivering and remembering..Brrr!