Main Menu

jesus redondo art?? in girl comics

Started by stront692, 09 April, 2004, 12:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stront692

just checking out some annuals and it would appear that there is jesus redondo and what looks like john burns pin ups in the 1978 diana annual

jesus redondo also did the art for the story 'my big brother marmaduke'

there is also a story that looks like it was done by the same guy that drew 'billys boots' but i cant remember his name??

anybody know of any offbeat creator appearances, which stories were written by which writers etc

DavidXBrunt

Probably not as offbeat as all that. Probably where how they earned their bread and butter.

stront692

i know that but they are usually drawn in a 'house' style, this is the first time i have 'recognised' art before

Oddboy

Redondo has always had a bit of a girly style in my opinion (although I think it's GREAT!).

Anyway, I'm sure he was paid to work for a girl's comic.

What I want to know is why you were reading them - they're your sisters, yeah right!

;)
Better set your phaser to stun.

stront692

actually they are my mothers??

why whats wrong with reading them??

(oh and i never said he wasnt paid to draw for girls comcs, i just stated that during the 70s the style becomes obvious and non uniform, so u can actually make out who the artist is)

stront692

my tongue is firmly in my cheek when i say that obviously (but when u have a 1000 annuals in a bookcase there is only so many lions, valiants etc in existence

and when u need more material by your favourite creators, where else do u go??

House of Usher

In about 1986, I happened upon a one-page 'family planning' comic strip drawn by Jesus Redondo that was among the material circulated among my classmates as part of our sex education 'social and life skills' curriculum. There was only one copy, which I nicked. Unfortunately I lost it, which is a great shame, because the drawing was excellent (it featured a teenage boy and girl, romantically in love, going to get sensible contraceptive advice, as they were thinking about doing the business but didn't want to risk pregnancy).
STRIKE !!!