Main Menu

look out for look in

Started by Valhalla, 13 April, 2004, 03:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valhalla

G,day.

I remember before I left England that my parents had my name printed in Look In magazine for my 6th or 7th birthday.

Sadly my copy disappeared in the last 20+ years and I'd love to replace this piece of my childhood.

I had a look on Ebay the other day but realised that Look In was probably a weekly mag so it might be hit and miss trying to find the particular issue it was in.

Not sure if this would be the kind of thing to be kept in libraries. If it is...could some of the Boards Librarians check to see if they can find my name in an olde issue.

If I can nail it down to a particular issue then it should be easier to find one to buy.

My name is Matthew Hunt Birthday 18th feb. It would have been printed in feb 82 or 83 (most likely).

Cheers

Valhalla.

Mangamax

Got some issues i'm about to put on eBay - will check them out and'll let you know if i find you.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

ARRISARRIS

...the issue of Look-in that you are after is Number 8, and dated week ending 19th Feb 1983. It has a yellow border with a picture of Musical Youth on the cover and your name is just above John Travolta, at the time only 28!!! hope that helps dude...

Mr C

Not to rub my youth in or anything, but that's four months before I was even born!

Mangamax

Nope, don't have it - sorry.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

House of Usher

I do believe a copy would be kept in the archives of the British Library.
STRIKE !!!

DavidXBrunt

Collingdale, the British Library Newspaper type people are more likely to have it.