Main Menu

Prog 1390

Started by Pete Wells, 17 May, 2004, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah the headshaving thing also went on in France during WW2.

"have i met any of the working classes? "
not that frigging chestnut again, er yes, have you met a gaggle of bitchin working class women in full bitchin male humiliation mode? a garanteed dick shrivelling experience. & still, i say weak men do not make women feel Real ! If you want me to slip into working class real womens speech, you better get the ear defenders & the profanity blocking up.

restrained Bou.

Trout

It's all good stuff, dry land people.

I'm really enjoying Savage, the Dredd was fun, and the others are damn readable stuff.

I'm also glad to see P14's sticking with us, despite getting his page number in the comic.

2000AD is the Galaxy's Greatest Comic.

- Trout

Leigh S

I took it as she wasn't having a character moment, but just humiliating Noddy - having a laugh at his ineptitude in front of him...or else (weaker explanation) coming up with a weak excuse why shes hitched to him (other than the real reason - the info Bill gets).  I doubt Pat means to suggest that Bills sis actually means what she says and married Noddy for the challenge, but then again, I wouldnt quite put it past him! :)

Queen Firey-Bou

hmmm yes, i guess in the light of all the un-spoken stuff going on, the clunkie conversation could be explained, ah ha, maybe Mills is three steps cleverer than me & i'm just a bad bad nit-picker. I'm grumpier About Mills than other droids for the very petty reasons of his attitude to fan art & other creators & copyright & generally falling out with peopleness. i guess.

oh yeah, and i realy loved the flint cover, it keeps dragging my eyes back to it, bizarre colours, angular anatomy, chainsaw... cool

jont

"still, i say weak men do not make women feel Real !"

It's accedemic at this point, but beg to differ.
http://www.simonfraser.net/dante/Folio/Dante+Lulu-splash.gif">

Floyd-the-k

Savage: OK actiony stuff but:
1). Why are the Volgans going to hire a complete simpleton to worl in an environment near sensitive files. Wouldn't they checked wheher or not he was related to the most wanted terrorist in Britain beforehand

Krusti, not to pick a fight or anything, but stranger things have happened in the real world. Look at all the warnings about the 911 terrorists that were ignored.  Anyway, good help is hard to get.
2) You can look forward to the headshaving, humiliation and then violent death of a pregnant woman. Probably.

Oddboy

I know what your saying Bou. But what annoys me is the attitude some people seem to have to Mills' work. I'm quite sure that if any other writer was subjected to the close scrutiny that he is...

It's not as if there's a conspiricy, and Pat Mills has been arbitarily picked out to be picked upon. Neither was that the case with Siku or RC or anyone else that seems to get a lot of stick from the majority of people.

The reason Mills has his stuff picked apart so much is because of his past record - the clunky lines & preachiness & dodgy attitudes or whatever have all struck people just from reading his work.. and over time it happens again and again until people are expecting it & looking out for it - and discussing it too.
Better set your phaser to stun.

House of Usher

It's interesting that Dredd, a few weeks ago, could elbow a child in the face, and it was 'Oh, that's just Dredd.' But anytime Savage says something untoward, it's because Pat hates woman or gays or whatever... I wonder why this is..?

Actually, I seem to remember Dredd elbowing the child in the face did raise a few eyebrows. But did it really seem inconsistent behaviour for Dredd?

I'm grateful to Jont for pointing out that Savage's sister was mocking Nobby's sexual prowess in front of him. I hadn't even noticed. That makes a lot more sense - she'd have been spouting nonsense otherwise!

The dialogue, even in Savage's sister's mouth, could be read as sexist - I don't want to argue over that - but don't imagine it's being seized on just because Pat Mills wrote it.

There's some very dodgy sexual politics in Chopper at the moment, and that hasn't gone entirely unnoticed.
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

True, but everybody is not jumping on Wagner, as if he is personally responsible for the action, or worse, claiming that it is proof he condones such an action.

The Amstor Computer

Probably because Wagner doesn't keep on using the brutal assault of a child as some kind of cheap storytelling ploy. If John Wagner wrote scenes with children under threat or being assaulted as often as Pat writes evil "gay" characters, I'd be asking questions about his attitude toward children, and about his competence as a writer...

Queen Firey-Bou

i wasnae saying that savages sis dialogue was or wasnae sexist, i assume it was meant to be sexist & man belittling. my point was that it was unrealistic. women, even nagging shrew bitch women simply don't think like that.

and i'll pick & i'll pick & I'll nit pick your house down.

Aye Choppers behaved like a right doofus, and the lassie did warn him too, what a sucker !

Oddboy

So where's the daughter while her mate Chopper is screwing her mother?
Better set your phaser to stun.