Main Menu

Why Eniis should never write for 2k anymore. The poof er..I mean the proof inside

Started by Thread Zero, 20 March, 2002, 04:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

I know PVS has a copy of Scojo's Judge Dredd screenplay. Every time Scojo misbehaves himself Paul threatens to put it on the web.

Wood

He did a future shock a while back and posted the script up on the board.

It wasn't very well received. In fact, give us a sec and I'll try and dig out the thread so's you can see for yourself...

The Amstor Computer

>>>I know PVS has a copy of Scojo's Judge Dredd screenplay. Every time Scojo misbehaves himself Paul threatens to put it on the web<<<

LOL!

I've got no problem with reasoned criticism, but the "I can write better" refrain is just fucking annoying. Everyone can look at Garth's work & pick it apart, but we've only got Scojo's word that his writing is any better.

Wood

GordonR

Er, yes, he has.

We've seen a couple of rejected Future Shocks, some of his Dredd movie ideas and his alternative plot for Helter Skelter which he started writing here after someone -  similiarly to you - told him to put up or shut up when he said he could write a better Dredd story than the Garth Ennis one.

He also posted his Future Shocks to an online writers forum and I know someone who's read one of his movie scripts.

In all cases, I refer you back to Wood's remarks earlier in this thread for the general critical response.

Mudcrab

There was a voiceover bit for the new Dredd film, which was detracted a fair bit!! Come to think of it, that may well have been on alt.comics.2000ad. I enjoy a good lurk there now and then.

In fact, I looked through one and found my own name!! that was a bit scary. But, looking at the dates, it WAS me, from 2 years ago, when I used to post there. The thread has about a dozen replies and was started in 1996!!!! Bizarre!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Tex Hex

To be fair , helter skelter could also have done with better art . I absolutely hate ezquerra's computery backgroundy shit.
I could draw better...
Nay, merely jesting.

The Amstor Computer

>>To be fair , helter skelter could also have done with better art . I absolutely hate ezquerra's computery backgroundy shit<<<

Hurrah! An ally :-) It has improved over the years (Wilderlands - ack!) but I still find it detracts from the better aspects of his current work.

Tex Hex

Wow! Not gunned down!
He should stick to black and white all the way.

nathan

"To be fair , helter skelter could also have done with better art . I absolutely hate ezquerra's computery backgroundy shit.
I could draw better... "

Trouble with HelterSkelter is Ezquerra could draw better too...

N

Tex Hex

Indeedy so.  Shaky Kane come back! All is forgiven!

No, actually, dont bother.

The Amstor Computer

>>>Indeedy so. Shaky Kane come back! All is forgiven!
No, actually, dont bother<<<

Thanks for giving me my first laugh today :-D

>>>Trouble with HelterSkelter is Ezquerra could draw better too...<<<

It's something that's cropped up in a few recent thrills - Helter Skelter & Bad Company esp. Sure, the scripts weren't outstanding, but the art seemed to have been knocked out over a weekend.

(actually, what *really* pissed me off in BC was that nobody could get their eyes looking the same way! Kano looked cross-eyed for half the damn story :-D)

Tex Hex

I was most amused to see art droid Kane in Meq-quakes "unwanted guests" pile in A night to remember. I thought he had slipped out of everyones memory...

Kevin Walker should hopefully do wonders in Sin City.