Main Menu

Low Life

Started by Demon Chicken, 05 July, 2004, 10:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Tweak are you drinking or partaking of any stimulants at the moment?
"Trust we"

Woolly

Low Life was great, personally i found Henry Flint's artwork a little TOO messy, but it still looked superb!

My only gripe is that the supporting cast of wally judges got killed off. I'd have liked to have seen more of them, especially Dirty Frank!

Looking forward to the new series.

LARF

Big yeah - and i like the way it's called low life, cos that means Nixon can die and someone else take up the mantel...

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dunk!

Sorry, Tweak no offence meant, just the chaotic nature of your initial post just got me wondering.
"Trust we"

Dudley

Rob Williams we know you're reading this -

WILL DIRTY FRANK BE BACK?

Dudley
(Coca-Cola and coffee mix, with sugar chaser)

The Amstor Computer

Dirty Frank pleads for the return of his namesake...

Tweak72

oh right no just me being erm me sorry i kinda ramble :OS
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dunk!

I enjoyed Low Life but found the initial story unoriginal - Cop set up to take the fall by senior officer - though it served as an introduction.

It would be great to see Henry Flint's work in colour on the strip so you can get more of a contrast between the cleaner, brighter upper tiers of the city and Low Life. And maybe add some more background Wally squad characters.

That said hope it carries on.

I'll end with a unrelated yet heartfelt: BRING BACK DANTE!
"Trust we"

The Amstor Computer

"I enjoyed Low Life but found the initial story unoriginal - Cop set up to take the fall by senior office"

But the twist, with Nixon offing the senior officer to keep the Low Life as it was took the pretty standard cop thriller plot and subverted it nicely.

Can't agree on the suggestion that Low Life should be in colour - a lot of the atmosphere of the strip comes from the grimy, monochrome artwork & I feel that a move to full-colour would only hurt this. To tie in with your Dante request, imagine Dante in moody B&W. It's just not the right approach for the tone of the strip - Dante is a glorious technicolour adventure, and B&W art just wouldn't fit.

Anyway - yes to more Wally Squad characters, and a big fecking YES to more Dante :-)

Rob1971

'WILL DIRTY FRANK BE BACK?'

He didn't die in the first series, so...

was going to kill him off originally, but I liked the character too much.

Rob

Tanky

The girly hive does indeed say yes.
In a lot of ways, Low Life reminds me scarily of my teenage years!
I love Aimee! More please!

Mr C

What? having a robotic arm? Being an undercover cop? Getting really fat really quickly?

More Alan Mo-Dirty Frank! Great.

Slippery PD

More Aimee, More Frank, More Flint art, More Williams gritty weirdness........

Slips

wrighty47

Personally, I loved it. Yes it was sometimes a little familiar but had just enough of a twist to give it it's own identity.

I'd like very much to see more, tho as has been stated, one story every now and then would be fine. That way the series won't grow stale too quickly. Boy mentioned Sin City and I think this series would be an ideal template for Low Life. You can tell more stories of Nixon or other Wally Squad members, or even go out on a limb and tell stories about other denizens of this part of the Big Meg!