Main Menu

Prog 1808 - Judge Klegg

Started by oshii, 03 November, 2012, 10:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

For some reason I had it in my head that the panel in question was a deliberate recreation of an older one where Dredd's remembering or hallucinating a whole host of adversaries. Am I wrong?
We never really die.

Mabs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 November, 2012, 10:23:36 PM
Quote from: Mabs on 09 November, 2012, 06:09:53 PMBut here at 2000AD the word 'bottling it' doesn't exist; thats because Hammerstein blows the big man's head clean off! Wow! What a read!

Oh yeah - Best line of the prog: "Thank you Mr President"

Yes indeed! Brilliant.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

W. R. Logan

I must be in a minority. Whilst the Prog is ok I wouldn't quite give it the plaudits everyone else is.
Dredd is moving along nicely, the art is a joy but has Henry ever turned in anything less than thrill powered.
I'm enjoying the story but sometimes wish that writers would lock away their copies of the Case Files.

ABC Warriors is failing to get my Thrill Receptors buzzing and as much as some Dredd references start to annoy then most of Pats recent writing is all about past glories.

The rest of the Prog remains in read and awaiting each story to conclude so they can be read in one chunk, which is why I'm probably missing all the links everyone else are raving about.

As for this weeks cover if it was entered in the Forums art competition it wouldn't make my top three.

Jim_Campbell

So... you're choosing not to read a chunk of the prog and then complaining that you're not enjoying the story that self-evidently requires you to read multiple stories?

Bloody-minded doesn't even seem to come close.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

W. R. Logan

I'm not reading them as I wasn't enjoying them after the first couple of episodes.
Whilst both stories have great art Dirty Frank bores me and Simping just isn't working for me.

Mabs

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 09 November, 2012, 11:56:00 PM
I must be in a minority. Whilst the Prog is ok I wouldn't quite give it the plaudits everyone else is.
Dredd is moving along nicely, the art is a joy but has Henry ever turned in anything less than thrill powered.
I'm enjoying the story but sometimes wish that writers would lock away their copies of the Case Files.

ABC Warriors is failing to get my Thrill Receptors buzzing and as much as some Dredd references start to annoy then most of Pats recent writing is all about past glories.

The rest of the Prog remains in read and awaiting each story to conclude so they can be read in one chunk, which is why I'm probably missing all the links everyone else are raving about.

As for this weeks cover if it was entered in the Forums art competition it wouldn't make my top three.

I think its an awesome cover!  :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Robert Frazer

I'm genuinely intrigued by the developments of the Dreddverse tales over the last few weeks. Dredd and the Biscuit Dunking Man must be conducting some sort of shell game to trick and expose Bachmann (why else would Dredd have deliberately held back to let the sale be completed?), but Heaven knows which cup the ball will be found under in the end. Wheels within wheels...
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

Frank

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 10 November, 2012, 01:16:34 AM
I'm not reading them as I wasn't enjoying them after the first couple of episodes. Whilst both stories have great art Dirty Frank bores me and Simping just isn't working for me.

The art on both strips is certainly much better than their respective (and shared) stories, but I thought Frank persuading the sensitive Klegg to try eating his associate was priceless.

Zarjazzer

yay Kleggs! Another almost magical prog of story telling and art. The winner this week is...da da da! The reader. Parts of simping detective were just so brilliant I was almost gasping at the sheer genius of art and story. Ha ha ha, indeed.

Bloody hell in years to come grizzled twoofyers may be praising future progs by saying "that was a proper 1807 or 1808" that was.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 09 November, 2012, 11:56:00 PM
I must be in a minority. Whilst the Prog is ok I wouldn't quite give it the plaudits everyone else is...
The rest of the Prog remains un-read... which is why I'm probably missing all the links everyone else are raving about.

You really are answering your own question there.

You're well within your rights not to enjoy things that others do, but to only read half the prog each week then complain that you can't understand why everyone thinks the prog is so good...  ::)
@jamesfeistdraws

W. R. Logan

If the two stories gripped me then I'd read them each week but they don't.
Sure it's the creators job to engage me not my task to force myself to read it.

Hawkmumbler

Screw it, I see the Dreddverse has merged with the Bennettverse. Dredd'l be groping cadet's on the back of his lawmaster next.  ::)

Seriesly though, the prog is on fire at the moment. Clearly Judge Bennett (as I shall name him) and Dredd are in on something, and Point and Frank are pawn's that got caught up in something big. Kinda cofused as to why Roffman seem's to have sided with Bachman, or maybe circumstances dictate he play's the good little boy.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 10 November, 2012, 01:12:27 PM
Kinda cofused as to why Roffman seem's to have sided with Bachman, or maybe circumstances dictate he plays the good little boy.

Remember he knows nothing of Bachman's... (I don't know what to call it. Corruption?)... or Dredd's vendetta, or that he and Buell were trying to keep the Folger buisness a secret for as long as possible. He simply followed protocol by passing the matter on to his current division head (Bachmann) when he realised the importance of the case.
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 November, 2012, 01:51:02 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 10 November, 2012, 01:12:27 PM
Kinda cofused as to why Roffman seem's to have sided with Bachman, or maybe circumstances dictate he plays the good little boy.

Remember he knows nothing of Bachman's... (I don't know what to call it. Corruption?)... or Dredd's vendetta, or that he and Buell were trying to keep the Folger buisness a secret for as long as possible. He simply followed protocol by passing the matter on to his current division head (Bachmann) when he realised the importance of the case.
Ah of cause! Easy to over look thing's like that, but regardless, corcking prog.

Kanoobi

I hadn't read the progs for a few weeks so tonight I had a session reading the last 3, I think it's great how they intertwined a storyline throughout the different strips. I'm really into the art and story of Brass Sun and I am warming more to Low Life. I am very much enjoying the Dredd story and the ABC Warriors too, although I wish it included the whole gang as I have only recently caught up by reading the original stories and love 'em. The single page art of Hammerstein was particularly cool (Thank you Mr President) as was the final frame.
I like the Simping Detective too, it can require slower reading to take it all in but it's great stuff.
All in all a good prog and I like the references to times of old such as the last frame of Low Life with Murd, great to see the Kleggs again and the Bachmann Turner Overdrive theme lol  :)