Main Menu

A wanderer returns

Started by bluemeanie, 05 June, 2014, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Not a new forum-ite but a lapsed one giving it another shot after a few months absence as I was obviously missed   -cough-

Hello again...or for the first time

Richard in the real world. Might say that over there <--

Old fart who had 2000ad issue 1 bought for him as a kid and immediately lost the frisbee over next door's back garden.

Dipped in an out after that but have read solidly since prog 1631 from waaaay back in 2009

Fave all time strip, Nemesis. Fave of the new stuff, probably Absalom

Done some bad writing for Zarjaz and Dogbreath

I half assedly run the ECBT2000AD website and occasionally turn up on the podcast (I'm the drunk Welsh one who swears too much, not the angry Irish one).

I have a nice new(ish) job which means zero skive time to come on here really but will try and post a bit

Will be avoiding the moral argument threads like the plague... if I wanted to be preached at I'd get religious or ring my mother more often. This is about comics and stuff innit? Comics are supposed to be fun, right?

Is better than you at Kung Fu Master but doesn't like to get all superior about it. It's not your fault.

Is apparently now speaking about himself in the third person like a right pretentious f*cker so will cut this short

IronGraham

Other then 2000 what comics are you having fun with?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Frank

Hi, Rich, and congratulations on the new job. I like the way you and Flint have divvied up the chores, with you concentrating more on the website so you can interview creators free of the taint of having appeared on a podcast where it was claimed they can't write or draw. The recent Pye/Richardson interview finally answered questions that have been bouncing around here for months, making it a brilliant bit of fan service.

Bolt-01

Dominic O'Rourke

Member No. 10

bluemeanie

Quote from: IronGraham on 05 June, 2014, 04:46:43 PM
Other then 2000 what comics are you having fun with?
Big superhero nerd as well so lots of that really. Just got the first issues of the new Daredevil run which have been really cool. Still getting used to being an X-Men fan after Bendis' stuff pulled me in and Hickman's stuff put me off Avengers

Link Prime

Welcome back Blue!

Quote from: bluemeanie on 05 June, 2014, 03:56:42 PM

Will be avoiding the moral argument threads like the plague... if I wanted to be preached at I'd get religious or ring my mother more often.

Quite.
I absolutely hate these tiresome 'debates', even if I 99% agree with the sentiment.
Probably why I never have (or never will) post in The Political Thread either.

bluemeanie

Quote from: chicken drinker on 05 June, 2014, 05:01:24 PM
free of the taint of having appeared on a podcast where it was claimed they can't write or draw.

Ahh, I'm just as bad. I only ever get people on I'm a fan of anyway. Not professional enough to be suitably enthusiastic otherwise.
Do enjoy the interview ones as a fan though so will try and sort more. And ideally get one of the girls to do it as they're way better at it than the rest of us IMHO

Dandontdare

Hi Rich, glad we haven't driven you away for good!

COMMANDO FORCES

8-Ball

Welcome back Rich. Muchas gracias for asking my question regarding JD:LOTF. Although, given Keith's unequivocal reply - hell freezing over, I'm kind of regretting posing it. Ah well. :-[
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Heath C Ackley

Welcome back to the fold brother.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Colin YNWA

Welcome back aboard - I wonder what it is we did to upset you, glad you came back.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!