Main Menu

Writing to Tharg 2012 - LETTERSENTERTAINYOU THE ROAD TO 10,000

Started by Buttonman, 20 May, 2012, 09:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 05 June, 2012, 04:21:25 PM
Basil the Rat was the name given, Pontypridd was the town, and it would have been a prog sometime between July and November in 1991...or 1990...  Or possibly 1992.  I hope that narrows it down a bit?

The Beast triumphs once again despite some questionable input - it was in fact 1993 and 'the Rat' doesn't appear anywhere. Here is the letter from Prog 843 in all its glory :

shaolin_monkey

Wow.  :o. I am seriously impressed.

Sorry for the confusing info - my memory isn't what it used to be.  I wrote that letter, and Basil was my pet rat at the time.

Buttonman

Buttonman

TordelBack

So Mr. Rob Williams, you think Balls Brothers was 'crap', do you?  Typical fanboy, think you could do so much better than John Wagner.  Come on then smartypants, let's see you come up with a funnier strip.

Oh. 

Right.

Emperor

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 June, 2012, 10:20:36 PM
So Mr. Rob Williams, you think Balls Brothers was 'crap', do you?  Typical fanboy, think you could do so much better than John Wagner.  Come on then smartypants, let's see you come up with a funnier strip.

Oh. 

Right.

He also orders Tharg to not make that mistake again. So the big question is: Did he? And, if he did, was it to spite Mr Williams of @aol.com*?

* Which is presumably somewhere in Wales
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Buttonman

No.654 - Alan Barnes Prog 370

No.917/2b John Tomlinson Meg 203

Buttonman

Buttonman

No. 1,284,502 : Philip Bond Prog 125

Darren Stephens

Ha, these are great! I had 3 pics printed over the years. One was a runner-up in the Danny Cannon Dredd film poster comp in Prog 555. Another was an Anderson pic and the last was a Dredd "Perp-Busters" GhostBuster ripoff. Can't remeber the prog Numbers on those.  :(  I'll try and dig them out later. :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Buttonman

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 10 June, 2012, 05:47:44 PM
Ha, these are great! lol:

They certainly are, and forget that LOL the Beast lives for this kind of thing.

Colouring in Droid Darren started his 2000ad career with this effort from Prog 555 :

Some readers have said recently that Dredd's teeth are on the small side - check out the gnashers on this fellow! Also what's happening with that respirator? Runner up? Run out of town would be fairer!

Not to be put off young Darren came back 6 months later with this offering from Prog 583 :

Some terrible grammar there not to mention some copyright issues.

His last effort came in Prog 615 :

We quite like this Anderson and it's certainly quite long.

But was this the last we saw of Darren? Normally a Portsmouth man did he travel the 168 miles to Walsall in time to write this letter for Prog 720?

Darren also has 3 Megazine letters to his name - possibly the largest art and letters haul in Beast history!

Darren Stephens

Nope, the letters not me, but Christ! Fast work finding those pics! And thanks, I haven't seen them in a few years.  :D Also, 3 meg letters? I only recall one. Probably me though, heh.
                                       CLICK^^

Buttonman

Way to backhandedly challenge The Beast!

Darren's scribing career started with this moribund effort from Meg 62 (Vol 2.42) :

He upped the ante with this mighty missive from Meg 98 (Vol 2.78)

His last effort was sighted in Meg 107 (Vol3.04)

Like his drawing career Darren floundered after 3 letters - still there's nothing to stop you picking your pencil and crayons (unless you have developed some horrible disease, in which case - sympathies). Good luck Darren!

Darren Stephens

Wow, haha. I have no memory of those last two letters.....terrible!  :-[
                                       CLICK^^

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]