Main Menu

Catchphrases

Started by Funt Solo, 01 November, 2022, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

That reminds me of the dramatization movie of the Mount St' Helens eruption (the cunningly titled St. Helens from 1981).

Anyway, there was a die-hard old dude who lived on the mountain (Harry R. Truman) and refused to leave despite the warnings from volcanologists (not to be confused with people who study Spock).

The movie version of him utters the immortal line "Don't give me any shit, boy! I've got a turd in every pocket!"
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 February, 2023, 05:55:26 PMI can't work out whether it was a great catchphrase or a terrible one

I can't work it out either.
I suppose it's all to do with context, but if the context happens to be a later outing of Marshal Law, then I'm going to come down on the side of terrible.

(It's a sad thing, prejudice.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

edgeworthy

"Aint no Flies on Fergee ...
... Easy the Ferg!"

The Legendary Shark

"Let me tell you what I think..."

Me.

:lol:

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Catchphrases that needed some more work:

"Pucker up and kiss my axe!"

"The name's Slade. That's S-L-A-D-E – just like it sounds."

"I'm too moist to kill!"

"The ABC Warriors are back – after these messages!"

"Let's spoon!"

"Be pure! Be vigilant! Be on time in future!"

"Oh my poor arses!"

Dash Decent

Quote from: JohnW on 24 September, 2023, 10:11:24 AMCatchphrases that needed some more work:

"I AM THE LAst one to throw stones!"

And, if shouting out gun settings counts as a catchphrase - "Tex/Mex!"

"I'm Sam C. Slade.  The C is for Christmas..."

"Nup" (Oh, the hilarity!)

"Your mouth is full of molars."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JohnW

"Long way to Hondo, Dredd. Desert's gonna be full of creeps and bushwhackers all the way."
"Yeah? Well you tell me, Alpha...
                                                       ...Who the hell's gonna give us directions?"

JayzusB.Christ

'Kiss me quick!'

'Be pure, be vigilant, be excellent to each other.' (air guitar)

'The crimmme issss lifffffffe.... the sssssentencccce issss "the crimmme isss lifffffe."'

'Fukky nell!'

Quote"I'm Sam C. Slade.  The C is for Christmas..."

'He didn't think it too merry.'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dash Decent

Quote from: JohnW on 24 September, 2023, 10:11:24 AMCatchphrases that needed some more work:

"Let's vape!" - MC1 Smokatorium.

"See you on the slippery dip!"

"Are you hangry?"/"You look hangry."

"Number four printer cartridge!"
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Woolly

'I represent the police!' - Judge Dredd

The Legendary Shark

Ukko, "I knew you'd slay that."

Chopper, "I knew you'd spray that."

Dante, "I knew you'd lay that."

Quartz, "I knew you'd pay that."

(All characters as portrayed by Sylvester Ragamuffin Stallone.)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Dark Judge Slightly Queasy - "Gaze into the face of quease!"
Judge "Tight Boots" Dredd - "Gaze at my ingrown toenail!"

No contest, there. Slightly Queasy bokes into his own helmet, and has to excuse himself. And some classic Bolland art, where he's used as reference a photograph of Boris Karloff's ingrown toenail taken during the filming of Bride of Frankenstein.

---

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 September, 2023, 04:41:47 PM(All characters as portrayed by Sylvester Ragamuffin Stallone.)

An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 26 September, 2023, 08:29:57 PM

Jesus wept, I've had a horrific flashback to that Millar Robohunter with the Fat Slags in it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"