Main Menu

Catchphrases

Started by Funt Solo, 01 November, 2022, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I'm trying to remember if Stogie had any catchphrases, or just crude hispanic jibber-jabber.
You may quote me on that.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 November, 2022, 11:57:20 PM
I always thought it a variation of Louis IV, when told that he couldn't just raise a new tax according to the law, replied "Le loi, c'est moi"

He said it in French?  How pretentious are those French people?

remember those cops in the silent cyber-city who would leap out of their flyers shouting "Let's download!" That didn't catch on.

It just meant they were busting for the loo after being stuck in their car for a long time.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dark Jimbo

Pat Mills does love a catchphrase (almost as much as seven member teams with cool nicknames). His poorest attempt though was in the ABC Warriors - remember those cops in the silent cyber-city who would leap out of their flyers shouting "Let's download!" That didn't catch on.

I mean... bold text aside, they said it all of once, so I'm not sure it was really meant to.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mister Pops on 09 November, 2022, 01:01:49 AM
I'm trying to remember if Stogie had any catchphrases, or just crude hispanic jibber-jabber.

Ahem...

Quote from: Dash Decent on 08 November, 2022, 01:21:33 PM
Ay Caramba!
@jamesfeistdraws

nxylas

I wonder if anyone has totted up how many times Dredd has actually said "I am the law" in dialogue as part of a strip (as opposed to in ads or on covers). I suspect it's not that many, but would be interested to know. I remember one strip during the "dark ages" when he yelled it for seemingly no reason, and how odd it seemed at the time.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

The Legendary Shark

[In Star Trek, every time Spock Vulcan nerve pinches someone, he should ejaculate, "you've been Vulcanized!"]

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 November, 2022, 12:12:55 PM

[In Star Trek, every time Spock Vulcan nerve pinches someone, he should ejaculate, "you've been Vulcanized!"]
Sir, this is a family thread. You may take that sort of thing to the rubber fetishists.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 November, 2022, 12:12:55 PM
In Star Trek, every time Spock Vulcan nerve pinches someone, he should ejaculate

McCoy: "My God, man! It's green!"
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 09 November, 2022, 12:12:15 PM
I wonder if anyone has totted up how many times Dredd has actually said "I am the law" in dialogue as part of a strip (as opposed to in ads or on covers). I suspect it's not that many, but would be interested to know. I remember one strip during the "dark ages" when he yelled it for seemingly no reason, and how odd it seemed at the time.

I may have a spreadsheet around here somewhere...

And, this.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Magnetica

I'm pretty sure I know how many times they said "beam me up Scotty" in Star Trek.

Zero.

What they used to say was "3* to beam up, Mr Scott."

* or how ever many there were.

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

The Legendary Shark

As Sherlock Holmes almost certainly never said, "a gentleman only ejaculates when it's absolutely necessary for adding verbal thrust, Watson. Now put that away."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

If I may be permitted to restore some dignity and relevance to this thread, then let me submit:
Zog!
Zog! Zog! Zog!
Zog!
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]