Main Menu

Prometheus

Started by Mardroid, 25 July, 2011, 12:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: judgeblake on 17 July, 2012, 06:17:51 PM
I have to say - I don't feel prometheus was so bad that it will be dug up and villified as a piece of reprobate trash some years later

I think Prometheus' fire will dim quite a bit over the years. There's just not much meat there other than some nice visuals and the signal to noise ratio at the moment on forums discussing its philosophical and artistic 'weight' is tuned more to the crackling end of that band - it won't last.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 July, 2012, 06:20:40 PM
I think Prometheus' fire will dim quite a bit over the years.

I see what you did there.

darnmarr

Judging by inter-web broo-ha, — it might maintain a dedicated and deluded core fan-base who are convinced that it really is well-thought out and 'deep' and that just seems like a narrative mess to those who aren't smart enough to get the deeper meaning, man.

HdE

I brought this up WAAAAYYYY back in the thread - but do folks who enjoyed this movie REALLY have to be labelled as 'deluded'?

Is it not simply enough for some folks to have enjoyed the movie, and continue to enjoy it in spite of its problems?

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Roger Godpleton

STOP TALKING ABOUT PROMETHEUS

PROMETHEUS IS OVER
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

HdE

Sigh... Roger, your MOM is Prometheus. Or over. Whichever gets me the biggest and cheapest laughs.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

darnmarr

Quote from: HdE on 17 July, 2012, 11:58:26 PM
I brought this up WAAAAYYYY back in the thread - but do folks who enjoyed this movie REALLY have to be labelled as 'deluded'?

Is it not simply enough for some folks to have enjoyed the movie, and continue to enjoy it in spite of its problems?
'folks who enjoyed this movie' are 'folks who enjoyed this movie' : so them, no.( I wouldn't count myself among their number ,but 'different strokes': I also hate rhubarb) a theoretical future fan-base who claim that this film's  lack of  popularity  is the result of it's depth, ( or attribute genius to all of the  narrative mis-steps ), yes.
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 18 July, 2012, 12:00:07 AM
STOP TALKING ABOUT PROMETHEUS
PROMETHEUS IS OVER
But the debate about Prometheus will never be over: it addresses fundamental questions about how and what a story should be (and maybe how much we, as consumers of this media, are prepared to put up with).

hoops

Seems simple enough to me...i laugh at the film's faults but i still enjoyed it.
Some people just like to argue i guess.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: hoops on 18 July, 2012, 09:18:28 AM

Seems simple enough to me...i laugh at the film's faults but i still enjoyed it.
No they don't!

hoops

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 July, 2012, 09:34:38 AM
Quote from: hoops on 18 July, 2012, 09:18:28 AM

No they don't!

Oooooh, yes they do!

Richmond Clements

That's not argument! That's contradiction!

hoops

I prefer it to arguing...

Eric Plumrose

The issue, I think, is people admitting, yes, it is rubbish but, y'know. It's good despite it being rubbish.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Roger Godpleton

PROMETHEUS IS OVER
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

darnmarr

I don't understand you Roger, why don't you just ignore conversations that dont interest you?
(also , I think you might have hit 'caps-lock' by accident )