Main Menu

Morrison's Batman and Robin getting an extended run

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 December, 2009, 04:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

The Irving droid has drawn an absolute blinder in The Return of Bruce Wayne #2, which I also thoroughly enjoyed. Morrison really seems to have the bit between his teeth on Batman at the moment.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CrazyFoxMachine

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 May, 2010, 10:39:21 PMThe Irving droid has drawn an absolute blinder in The Return of Bruce Wayne #2, which I also thoroughly enjoyed.
He certainly has. Interesting that he got the story reminiscent of Klarion. His colouring has got even better.
It's funny. I quite like Batman and Robin, but I can't see what you guys find so amazing about it. yet, these two issues of Return of Bruce Wayne have blown me away.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CrazyFoxMachine

Colin YNWA

An interview with Frazer Irving discussing all things Batman... and with pretty pictures

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26541

Christov

For those craving more Morrison Batman, check out Batman #700 for an interesting little tale.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Christov on 11 June, 2010, 09:03:59 AM
For those craving more Morrison Batman, check out Batman #700 for an interesting little tale.

He's also writing issues 701 and 702 apparently. They're all on my pull list can't get enough of this stuff.

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 May, 2010, 03:43:39 PM
Yeah he's also got a new book set within the world of Indian super warriors or some such from Dynamite and there's always talk of him developing film and TV stuff but I'm never sure exactly want.

The Dynamite book are the scripts for his version of the Mahabharata web series he was developing with Virgin Comics 9and now Liquid Comics who bought up Virgin) illustrated with some stunning concept art. Preview here:

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?gid=1837

Interview here:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/18-days-grant-morrison-interview-100531.html

I suspect I'll be giving this a shot, although it'll make me feel inadequate in my stab at the Ramayana (although I did pick up Virgin's Ramayan 3392 A.D. and didn't feel too bad - it got into a bit of a mess, had to be rebooted from the start again and then the company went bust).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Well the here's the solicitation for Septembers 'Batman and Robin'

QuoteBATMAN AND ROBIN #16
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by CAMERON STEWART
Cover by FRANK QUITELY
1:25 variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
Don't miss this fantastic finale as BATMAN AND ROBIN's storyline connects with THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE! The climactic showdown between Batman and the Black Glove is finally here. It's payback time for The Dark Knight as Batman and Robin face the ultimate evil. Will Damian betray his father's legacy? Will Bruce Wayne return just in time to see Dick Grayson die? Plus, The Joker and Professor Pyg!
This is only the beginning of a startling new status quo for the Batman...
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale SEPTEMBER 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

So finale does that mean series finale? Also I'll settle for Cameron Stewart on art.

Pete Milligan is writing Batman 703 as well which is tempting

radiator

Amazon are currently taking pre-orders for volume 1 of the hardback collection of Batman and Robin at the bargain price of £10.99 (inc free postage).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Robin-Reborn/dp/1848565380/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276599537&sr=8-2

Due to all the praise here I've just ordered a copy on a whim. I know next to nothing about Batman continuity, only having ever read the usual stuff (Killing Joke, Year One, The Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Again and the Dredd crossovers) so it might all be impenetrable for me, but I really enjoyed Morrison and Quitely's run on New X Men (and I know dick all about the X Men), plus Frazer Irving's involvement has sold me on it.....

Colin YNWA

Well read Batman 700 and Return of Bruce Wayne 3 today. 700 was kinda fun but not as strong as the other stuff Morrison is doing with ya man at the moment but heavens to Betsy did I love RoBW 3 it was brillant and I almost had a fangasm with the introduction to the cowboy story when someone I'd try not to dare dream would turn up turned up front and centre of the story hopefully.

I'm a happy nerd (Still Gail Simone's 'Secret Six' is my fav non 2000ad read its just grimmy brillant)

M.I.

I like the first 'Batman and Robin' arc with Frank Quitely. Beautiful work.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 15 June, 2010, 11:10:04 AM
Well the here's the solicitation for Septembers 'Batman and Robin'

QuoteBATMAN AND ROBIN #16
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by CAMERON STEWART
Cover by FRANK QUITELY
1:25 variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
Don't miss this fantastic finale as BATMAN AND ROBIN's storyline connects with THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE! The climactic showdown between Batman and the Black Glove is finally here. It's payback time for The Dark Knight as Batman and Robin face the ultimate evil. Will Damian betray his father's legacy? Will Bruce Wayne return just in time to see Dick Grayson die? Plus, The Joker and Professor Pyg!
This is only the beginning of a startling new status quo for the Batman...
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale SEPTEMBER 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

So finale does that mean series finale? Also I'll settle for Cameron Stewart on art.

In December last year Morrison said:

QuoteI'm doing at least another year of stories with Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne in the Batman and Robin book before that book starts to dovetail with Return and we rush headlong and screaming into the next big, earth-shattering, game-changing twist in the life of Batman

So the solicitation would take us through to #19 in November 2010 which would be in line with his estimates. The Return of Bruce Wayne ends in August so that'd lead straight into this storyline. What comes out the other side will be an interesting question and it seems it'll be settled in these issues.

The odd thing is Frank Quitely was always just about due to return and I'd have expected him to have been in on this arc but they have brought Cameron Stewart back. Also the trades have been collecting two arcs (6 issues) each and the second book has been solicited, containing #7 - 12, so you end up with only 3 issues uncollected. It is possible they are going to throw it into the Return of Bruce Wayne collection but that'd be quite a big book and seem a bit weird for anyone not following B&R (although there is going to be heavy crossover). The details of the book have just appeared and it'll be 224 pages which is more than 6 issues and could be the equivalent of 9. So.....
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+