Main Menu

2000AD May/June Art Comp: Page 100!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 11 May, 2010, 04:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

It also shows that you have a lot of enjoyment when you're creating Fester, in your lines and your compsition.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

nev

Would it count to use one of the middle pages of a Prog? Bit hard finding the middle of a Case Files book. :D

SuperSurfer

Have to admit that at first I was a bit sceptical about this art comp suggestion as I don't buy the collected editions and I don't have that many of my progs to hand. But now I've stewed on it I see it is actually a brilliant idea. I have some ideas which I can't wait to get started on. I needed a nudge to get me doing some sequential stuff, even though this doesn't have to be sequential. What I need to work out is how to avoid a redraw of an existing page of comic art. I really want to try a few versions this time.

Jeez, that is good, Unca Fester. I won't look at it too closely for now though, as I want to have a go at that script.

Mardroid

A shame the pages tend not to be numbered too. (Well, okay, you get to look through the artwork...)

I was looking through the Halo Jones book and I was nearing page 100* and I got to that bit with Toby the robo-dog. Brilliant, disturbing and action filled. Then I reached 100 and it had Halo at a ball attempting to ask a bloke to dance. [spoiler]Before another cheeky little missy turns up and drags him away.[/spoiler] Sigh.  On saying that, there's nothing to say the history of what happened can't be incorporated into the artwork somehow. A kind of comparative piece... so it could still be interesting...

*or thereabouts. I wasn't sure if we should include the start cover pictures...

Professor Bear

Quote from: Mardroid on 16 May, 2010, 10:57:43 PM
Then I reached 100 and it had Halo at a ball attempting to ask a bloke to dance.

I had the same idea and ended up on the same page!  That dress is a shit to draw if you aren't Ian Gibson.  And most aren't.

willthemightyW

Haven't even started drawing and I'm already having troubles! I lined up a few of my GN's open on page 100 (which took me ages to find in each book) and while I was deciding what one I liked best, a door slammed and all but one of them closed due to the breeze! AAAHHH!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Cpt Rhodes

Quote from: uncle fester on 15 May, 2010, 05:28:17 PM
This is Page 3 of a 5 page 'Terror Tale' by Al Ewing called Sorrowhill. That's the 'middle page theme' thing sorted :) It's also one of the downloadable submission scripts from this very site for artists with ideas above their station, and so handily doubles as part of a portfolio of stuff I'm taking to Bristol Comic Con next weekend (minus the text and boxes, obviously)!

Really great looking page Uncle Fester. Like the dark vibe of the art. Best of Luck in Bristol at the weekend.

uncle fester

Thanks for all the kind words guys! Means a lot! :)

The Monarch

Utterly brilliant although thats me humped :lol:

nev

Quote from: The monarch on 18 May, 2010, 02:36:39 PM
Utterly brilliant although thats me humped :lol:
Don't worry, there's 3 top spots and a HM so you could be in with a chance ;)

Kerrin

Fester old man! You've done it again.

Good luck for Bristol.

Smarty

just finished the inks on mine, can't get hold of a scanner until Thursday though. Not sure whether to colour it either.

We will see,

best of luck peeps.

Bhuna

I've just started the inking on mine.

Smarty, there's plenty of time to colour it in..
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Emperor

I believe this is my first forum competition entry, so I thought I'd start with one that flagrantly mucks around with the remit ;)

Words by me, art by Chris Askham and letters by Bolt (they clearly get all the praise for such a lovely piece of work, I will take the blame, and possibly a beating from Jim):

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Jim_Campbell

Hah. That's both excellent and very clever.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.