Main Menu

Recent posts

Film & TV / Re: New Doctor Who series
Last post by pauljholden - 12 May, 2024, 09:43:01 PM
Honestly felt for all the many many flaws of that first one, it looked beautiful (well, monster notwithstanding) all the space stuff. And I did laugh at the space startion butt venting all the gas...

(It did feel like a faint echo of rose, Doctor turns up and starts running and keeps running and no-one has any time to relax and just be...)
Events / Re: Lawless 2024
Last post by Leigh S - 12 May, 2024, 09:42:13 PM
I think he mentions being there on the interview he did with Mark Millar on youtube
Film & TV / Re: New Doctor Who series
Last post by The Monarch - 12 May, 2024, 09:36:04 PM
its always been for kids

its just the kids grew up and just kept watching it
General / Re: Wrap It Up
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - 12 May, 2024, 09:34:44 PM
Yep, great art for a great script. Blind Iggy is 'a strict Jovus Witless and refuses to wear bios, which is a pretty moronic thing to do and warns him a lot of cred with the gang'.

Also that poor kid getting his nads crushed at the start - ow.
Events / Re: Lawless 2024
Last post by Marbles - 12 May, 2024, 09:13:32 PM
Does anyone know if Garth Ennis is going to Lawless this year?He's not on the list but I swear I read somewhere a few weeks ago that he was coming? Very possibly I was hallucinating. (I just don't want to cart some of his books along to hopefully be signed if he is not going to there).
Last post by Funt Solo - 12 May, 2024, 08:54:44 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 12 May, 2024, 08:41:08 PMEdmund Bagwell using a pseudnym IIRC

Listed as Edmund Kitsune & Richard Preston.

Is Richard Preston a real person? Perhaps a colorist on this?

Last post by Leigh S - 12 May, 2024, 08:41:08 PM
Abslutely loved the art on that one - Edmund Bagwell using a pseudnym IIRC - remember being quite annoyed that it never led to a erguar gig on Dredd for him, as he captured MC1 brilliantly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 12 May, 2024, 08:19:03 PMThat metallic cover Mega Special was a better, if only for the Dredd story that occupied most of its pages.

Nothing deep or meaningful, just Mega City gang warfare at its absolute peak.
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - 12 May, 2024, 08:19:03 PM
That metallic cover Mega Special was a better, if only for the Dredd story that occupied most of its pages.

Nothing deep or meaningful, just Mega City gang warfare at its absolute peak.
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
Last post by The Legendary Shark - 12 May, 2024, 08:13:01 PM

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. "I say, chaps, those Nazi bounders are being a bit too rum in the military ethics department. What we need is a rag-tag band of ill-disciplined homicidal maniacs to field against those fiendish rotten u-boats. We'll also need a fishing boat, lots of guns and explodey things, plenty of bemuscled npcs, a sexy spy, the Del Trotter of Fernando Po, and a bow and arrows. Now, before we embark upon this foolhardy endeavour... Oh dear, I appear to have developed several holes in my chest... Number One, be a dear and take over while I lie here and concentrate on my bleeding, would you?" Fairly fun film.

Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addictio...
Last post by The Legendary Shark - 12 May, 2024, 07:56:33 PM

Dispatches from Elsewhere (2020). "Four ordinary people who feel that something is missing in their lives stumble into a puzzling game whose mystery winds far deeper than they ever imagined." Wonderfully bonkers ten-and-done series. In case you're not sold, I'll also throw in Sally Field and Richard E. Grant.

Them. "A Black family, moving to an all-white Los Angeles neighbourhood in 1953, encounter both human and otherworldly forces trying to destroy them." I really enjoyed this mix of human and supernatural horror - indeed, some of the scenes of racial abuse are more horrifying than the blood-and-guts episodes. "Whatcha gon do? Whatcha gon do?" Excellent stuff. (Season Two is the same but different, and just as good.)