Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staticgirl

My anxiety attacks are much easier now because I know what's going to happen and that I'm not going to suffocate. I just concentrate on trying to breathe normally which feels very artificial during the attack but I've been noting how I feel and how fast I breathe when I am well and then I try to concentrate on breathing the same way during the attack. I also try and lose myself in a book if I have the opportunity. Then I just wait. I also know that I won't be feeling right for hours afterwards so I take it easy and forgive myself any tiredness, wobbliness or weepiness. A good night's sleep usually puts a lid on it.

My work also allowed me to change my hours slightly so I didn't have to commute on crowded trains as claustrophobia often brings an attack on - I'm very grateful to them.

Frank

Heading home from Glasgow this afternoon, traffic started backing up just after the Cumbernauld turnoff. Twenty minutes of moving at a crawl later, it turned out the delay was a result of what must have been a nasty accident, with fire engines now in attendance. There were no lanes closed off; the delays were purely because of all three lanes of traffic coming to a complete stop to get a better look at the worst day of someone else's life.

WANKERS

Fungus

Human nature sucks.

PS. We're doomed at this rate.

Trout

...because earlier today my wife was in a road accident. She's OK, although very sore, and has had a full check-up in hospital.

The insurance process is going to be a right pain, I expect, but that's not the worst part. I got a call from my wife to tell us what happened and I rushed to the scene of the crash. There, my kids and I got stuck in traffic and watched as their mum was freed from the car by firefighters and put on a stretcher, complete with neck brace, and wheeled to the ambulance. I had difficulty holding it together as they kept asking if their mum was OK.

Long and difficult day. Urgh.

SuperSurfer

Very sorry to read that Trout.

Hope everyone is ok.

Bolt-01

Ah, that's horrible Trout. Glad to hear your wife is okay though.

Best wishes to you all over there.

Dave

Banners

Crikey. What awful things to see, but glad your wife is okay. Take care.

ZenArcade

Trout, my best wishes to your wife and kids in what is a traumatic experience. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

I can't imagine how terrible that must have been, Trout. Glad everyone's still in one piece.

Steve Green

Sorry to hear that Trout

All the best to you and yor family

CrazyFoxMachine

Sorry to hear that Trout - glad she's alright!

Richmond Clements

All my love to you and your lovely wife, my friend.

Trout

Thanks, lads. I'm now in the huff because everyone forgot Father's Day. Other stuff on their minds.  ;)

Albion

Best wishes to you all Trouty.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

maryanddavid

Jesus Trout, scary stuff, Hope you good wife is feeling OK.