Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

I always pencil on paper, but have to ink digitally as I'm extremely crap at inking by hand. Manga Studio have been a lifesaver for me.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

michael kennedy

Quote from: conceptboy on 22 April, 2013, 04:36:17 PM

A product of technology and advancement?... Anyone else found their "talent" has been computerized??

I bought a bamboo tablet last month just to better help with digital aspects of my work and it has been a great revelation in terms of colouring, time and the undo button but it can never replace the pencil and paintbrush.

On a similar note I highly recommend a recent Imaginefx special issue on digital comic art and the processes of people at the top of their industry. Really really good.

http://beta.imaginefx.com/shop/bookazine/how-draw-and-paint-comic-art

oddly, I produced my first entirely digital painting today for my 'an arrow from hell' series. coloured version could do with some work but overall I'm chuffed. Especially as without digital, I would never have the patience to produce the arabesque curves and patterns on the internal art.

there are a couple of variants on the blog but nothing to different from the ones here.

johnnystress

I really like that Mucha -esque background and art deco feel on that one Mike

Here's another Dredd- practicing in Manga studio by inking old sketches

Darren Stephens

Nice inking Johnny. Still trying to get the hang of M.S4 myself. Ain't as easy as you've made it look, haha. :-)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Hawkmumbler

How much is manga studio 4 BTW?

johnnystress

It's only @80 dollars

http://manga.smithmicro.com/buy.html

I (and half the message board) got it when they were doing a sale for about half that

Without wishing too oversell it too much I would put it in the 'life changing' category

Hawkmumbler

Herm...£52 is a bit out of my price range at the moment. I'll hold out for another sale and stick to more crude methods for the time being. Thanks jonnystress. :)

johnnystress

I hear they have these things called paper and ink these days...must try them out some time :)

Here's the uncoloured version of my earlier post

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: johnnystress on 23 April, 2013, 06:45:02 PM
I hear they have these things called paper and ink these days...must try them out some time :)
This neck of the wood I inhabit is a bit old and dilapidated. Your welcome to it. :lol:

DoomBot

Hey Nice Dredd Johnny. Inspired to go do something new in Manga Studio myself now.

Goaty

Sorry if there threads for it, as I got iPad last year, I start illustrating on it much better. and sometimes I draw something as challenges, based on films, characters, moments and people.

I draw few;

Pan's Labyrinth;

Scream;

Black Knight;

conceptboy

playing with shadows...

again.. a Wacom Intus at its best... 20 minute concept sketch

von Boom

'Tis some nice scratchins there Goaty. I especially like the Black Knight.

TordelBack

Man of many talents, our Goaty.  Love the Scream one.

Goaty

Thanks!!

Here few more;

Dredd

Dusk at the beach

Dagger & Cloak

The Avengers