Main Menu

Meg 305

Started by Zarjazzer, 05 December, 2010, 01:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

I got the meg. I love liam's dredd, Anderson and death pin-up. But why didn't they issue it as poster? I was annoyed it had type on it.

Liam - any chance you'll do prints of it?

Liam Sharp

Hi Matty. I didn't have any plans to. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to! But you can download a high-res copy from my DA gallery: http://liamsharp.deviantart.com/ :)

Hope that does the job!

Best,

L.

Liam Sharp

BTW, the PoD book mentioned in the Meg 'Reluctant Barbarian' can be viewed for free here:

http://www.blurb.com/books/1619961

I highly recommend the dust jacket version if anybody fancies ordering a copy. It prints up an absolute treat, really good quality paper, etc.

Judge Palmer

"Original quote by Robin Low"
I quite enjoyed the Dredd story, even though it wasn't really a Dredd story. I have to admit that I wasn't interested in seeing Liam Sharp return, despite his fine line in busty women. In fact I think my original dislike of P.J.Maybe stemmed from his art. On the whole, though, I did like this, despite it being a bit a mish-mash of the photo-realistic and the oddly spongey, and perhaps a little lacking in movement.

[/quote]

I didn't realise until recently that the artwork of P J Maybe (that I had read ages ago and throughly enjoyed) was drawn by Liam Sharp but upon seeing pic's recently of his work on his site brought it all back to me what great work it was. There is no doubt the script was 1st Class but Liam's art was what made that story stand out for me. Seeing one of his recent Dredd panels (featured in the current 305 prog) has revived my love of 2000AD and Dredd again and in doing so started my need to buy progs of 2000AD and Dredd Megazine after many absent years of being without thrill power :)  
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

SpongeJosh

Quality Meg this month. Dredd story was brilliant, put a smile on my face whilst @ work :lol:. Samizdat squad is new to me but seems interesting, so we'll see how that unfolds. Liam Sharp interview was an excellent read, he seems a pretty decent bloke :thumbsup: I never knew he drew P J Maybe, something new every Meg, and the pin-up was sweet! Insurrection is another new one to me but starts off with a bang and well, I'm already waiting for next months Meg!

Good stuff!

Proudhuff

Surprisingly enjoyed the Gronk tale, silly stuff but not as objectionable as I remember  :D
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Regarding the Gronk reprint.

Micro-bolt has not long read all the S/D trades, and even the Life and Deadth of Johnny- and absolutely loved them all.

So he was very keen to get his hands on the reprint this month- even going so far as to suggest that he should read it before me (LOL!) He really enjoyed it- though he did wonder why John Wagner hadn't written it.

Cheers Tharg, and please don't stop at the end of the gronk strips. I'd love a reprint of all of the SD's now please.

eggonlegs

the ending of the gronk tale is AWESOME
just lovely

mogzilla

the image of dredd as he tells control to cut the power was ARSOM!!!  best dredd image i've seen obviously the colour one works better....wanting a no bubble version for my icon?

Liam Sharp

Again, thanks all for the further great comments. I'm doing another Dredd right now and it's tough making it as good as the Bond one! Still, hope you'll enjoy it!
Best,
L.

dweezil2

Quote from: Liam Sharp on 30 December, 2010, 01:07:57 PM
Again, thanks all for the further great comments. I'm doing another Dredd right now and it's tough making it as good as the Bond one! Still, hope you'll enjoy it!
Best,
L.

Can't wait!  :thumbsup:

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

chris_askham

Still playing catch up with my progs and megs, but what a good read Meg 305 was. Not one step out of place. Even the text stuff was entertaining enough. Well done to all involved!

DrJomster

What a good Meg that was!  :D Great thrills and genuinely interesting interviews too.

Re the Gronk. I was "away" from the prog in the nineties and so haven't read this before. I'm in two minds. Either:
A) I regard it as canon, in which case I can't quite buy it tbh. In my worldview, the gronk just doesn't do that!
B) I don't regard it as canon in which case it's actually quite fun!

The dialogue has dated a bit but the art and colouring is good stuff. I'm intrigued now to read the next instalment which comes bundled with 306. Just a matter of waiting till it comes onto clickwheel for that.  

Ah, nearly forgot. That Dredd/Anderson/Death pic was GORGEOUS!!!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Liam Sharp

Quote from: matty_ae on 16 December, 2010, 01:59:32 PM

Liam - any chance you'll do prints of it?

Still got a few A2 prints of it left, yes. :)

Meghead

[Liam - any chance you'll do prints of it?

Still got a few A2 prints of it left, yes. :)

Hi Liam,
         Yeh i loved your poster art of Dredd, Anderson and Death do you sell prints of that?

all the best

Joff