Main Menu

Judge Minty at Glasgow Film Festival Feb 19th

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 January, 2013, 11:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

I hope people don't mind me posting these as separate events rather than all in one thread. They're on different dates at different locations, so if I put them all together, any new ones I add might get lost.

We are proud to announce the Judge Minty will be screening at the Glasgow Film Festival.

Tuesday the 19th of February at 18:30

http://www.glasgowfilm.org/festival/whats_on/4788_making_a_fan_film

It will be followed by a discussion regards fan film making.The programme says 'led by Steven Sterlacchini', but anyone who has seen me attempt public speaking will be relieved, that I will only be a part of the discussion, not leading it. Hopefully another member of Team Minty might be able to make it as well.

I've had a quick look through the rest of the programme and there are some amazing films being shown, so we are honoured that they have found a place for us. During the festival Dredd is also being screened and a discussion with John Wagner and Colin MacNeil!

As always, thanks to Rebellion for giving permission for this public screening.

Tiplodocus

Hurrah!

That sounds like a good excuse for a few post-football beers.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 17 January, 2013, 12:16:38 PM
Hurrah!

That sounds like a good excuse for a few post-football beers.

I like the way this man thinks! I'm gonna try and make this.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Colin YNWA

Arh so ya not part of a Dredd / Minty double bill. That would be fantastic, especially with Mr Wagner and Mr O'Neill in for a QnA.

Proudhuff

ocht, canna afford two trips to Glasgay, this will have to do instead of the beer one!
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

We never really die.

I, Cosh

The GFF's never very good for new films but there are a few other interesting things on over the course of it. Screenings of Jaws, Highlander, Aliens, John Dies at the End, Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing for starters.

Then the music/film strand has a live accompaniment to Dark Star. I was underwhelmed by a similar showing of Silent Running last year but who knows. I think this sort of thing will work a lot better with silent film, so this looks a bit more promising, as well as being a chance to see a couple of interesting old sci-fi films: Frau im Mond and Metropolis with Jeff Mills and some old German dude.

Gary Erskine and Juliette Lewis talk roller derby!
We never really die.

revis84

From reading the site the Wagner discussion is on the Saturday afternoon. with the Dredd screening at 23:30.

Thinking of heading to the Wagner session - anyone know if the man himself would be signing afterwards?

Would love to get my CF1 signed

Judo

yass the john wagner and colin macneil talks early at 3.30 feb 16th so I will be there!  Course they will both sign you anything you want TAKE YOUR BACK CATALOGUE *cough cough* I mean one or two things x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Tiplodocus

Steve,

What certificate is Minty and the event. The GFF website says NC/18 which I took to mean they hadn't figured it out yet.

I am thinking of bringing Tiny Tips along - he's twelve- as he just got a camcorder and is keen on making his own films.

Would like to know if its suitable.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Steve Green

It's only 18 because we don't have a BBFC certificate. (Although I've read that you don't necessarily need a certificate, it's down to the local council)

Realistically it's something like a 12A, pushing a 15 for blood/gore.

I'm not sure what there position is on letting anyone under 18 in is, maybe Steve can find out.

Steven Sterlacchini

I'm pretty sure it will be 18.

NC/ was probably incase I got it classified in time (which was something I spoke with them about), which I very much doubt I will, as I'm stacked at work.   :|

Cpt Rhodes

Tickets booked. Looking forward to seeing it.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

GordyM

This was the first event I booked tickets for when I saw the GFT programme. Can't wait!
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file