Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

You cannot view this attachment.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

The Fawlty Towers reboot.  From a GB News presenter who used to be funny but now just whines about cancel culture, even though he's always on the telly and his old shows are constantly repeated.  No thanks.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Another entertainer whose heyday was fifty years ago makes grumpy reactionary noises. Couldn't they just have stuck to entertaining?
In the case of Cleese, the market can decide whether or not the show gets made and the audience can decide to watch it or ignore it. The Fawlty Towers thing is sad but irrelevant.

Roger Waters addressing the UN is on another level, alas. As Wedgeski says – pure uncut high-grade what-the-fuckery.
Aged celebrities. Whatcha gonna do?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Link Prime

• We just shot down 3 UFO's
  • We don't know what they are. Can't rule any possibility out.
  • They're definitely not extraterrestrial.
  • We'll recover the wreckage and find out.
  • We won't recover the wreckage.
  • They were probably benign.

JohnW

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 February, 2023, 11:01:27 AMWe just shot down 3 UFO's

Who's this 'we'?
I never shot down anybody. Those 20mm shell casings all over my yard could have been left there by anybody.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Link Prime

Quote from: JWare on 15 February, 2023, 11:21:01 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 15 February, 2023, 11:01:27 AMWe just shot down 3 UFO's

Who's this 'we'?
I never shot down anybody. Those 20mm shell casings all over my yard could have been left there by anybody.

A coupla clips of 6mm will do for the caffeinated sparrows.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JWare on 15 February, 2023, 11:21:01 AMThose 20mm shell casings all over my yard could have been left there by anybody.

Bloody kids.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

• We're definitely not trying to distract you from a traincrash in Ohio
    • That traincrash was definitely not the inevitable consequence of Republicans rolling back regulations on train safety
You may quote me on that.

JohnW

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 15 February, 2023, 08:42:22 PMWe're definitely not trying to distract you from a traincrash in Ohio

There was no train crash.
What you saw was swamp gas from a weather balloon trapped in a thermal pocket that refracted the light from Venus.

JayzusB.Christ

Yayy! Brexit's got done.  Again.  Can't wait for the next time Brexit gets done.

Seriously, though, Johnson is once again showing his true nasty, self-serving and sociopathic self once again by trying to cast doubt over the new deal.  Is there a single person left who thinks he gives a flying feck about the welfare of his country?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 15 February, 2023, 08:42:22 PM
    • We're definitely not trying to distract you from a traincrash in Ohio
    • That traincrash was definitely not the inevitable consequence of Republicans rolling back regulations on train safety and two and a half years of Democrats leaving them rolled back.

FTFY.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

The Republicans have since found a way to make that train crash work for them.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 February, 2023, 06:57:45 AMYayy! Brexit's got done.  Again.  Can't wait for the next time Brexit gets done.

Hm, the patch update is still buggy, can't get anything to run at 60 FPS.

And I swear I saw a Pidgeon clipping through a smokestack yesterday, hopefully they fix that with the next update.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 February, 2023, 06:57:45 AMYayy! Brexit's got done.  Again.  Can't wait for the next time Brexit gets done.

We can all celebrate with a nice turnip. Raw of course, because nobody can afford any gas to cook it.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 February, 2023, 09:23:53 AMHm, the patch update is still buggy, can't get anything to run at 60 FPS.

I'm still seeing that weird thing with the ludicrous yellow hair. I thought that glitch got sorted out months ago.