Main Menu

The best H-Wagon?

Started by Simon Fraser, 27 March, 2023, 03:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

I've also emailed you Simon. That's a very lovely offer.

Hopefully when this strip sees print we can entertain ourselves guessing who is who.

Sharky - your legacy is everything you do mate. You may not see where the ripples of your words and actions end up, but they'll be there.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Simon Fraser on 30 March, 2023, 05:12:42 PMHolden can put his name on any Judge he likes , so he's exempt.

Plus of course, Holden is only an alias.  His name is actually 'Maybe', but perhaps I shouldn't have revealed that.

Hey, what are all these spiders in my ---AAARRRGHHHH!!!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Blimey, Shark. That's quite the post. And it really does show the impact a generous gesture from a creator can have on someone.

Lawman of the Present

I've also just emailed Simon, thank you for the opportunity! I can't wait to see the final piece. I hope any references I linked to were of help.

Proudhuff

And that's why this place is so nice!  :D

Threadjack!
There was a Judge pilot with my name but he was slaughtered at the start of Garth's Justice One, and there wasn't even a decent shot of the badge  :'(
DDT did a job on me

nxylas

Not directly related to Dredd, but I did have a Gotham City crime boss named after me in a Grant/Breyfogle Batman comic once.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

pauljholden

Once offered a Judge Bad to the first person who responded on twitter, someone responded, I dm'd privately "What's your surname" "McMahon"

And that's why there's a Judge McMahon who is unrelated to Mick McMahon in a dredd strip I drew.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 March, 2023, 02:58:26 PMThreadjack!
There was a Judge pilot with my name but he was slaughtered at the start of Garth's Justice One, and there wasn't even a decent shot of the badge  :'(

Similarly grim death for my namesake. But it's a superb shot of the badge

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 31 March, 2023, 01:22:51 PMBlimey, Shark. That's quite the post. And it really does show the impact a generous gesture from a creator can have on someone.
Thank you.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Warlord games have just put up a "pat -Wagon" up for pre-order and looking pretty good.
It's pretty similar to the pic Shark posted but it doesn't say which artist it's based from. The warlord site has a good few angles to look at.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

GizmoDuck

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 31 March, 2023, 07:02:01 PMWarlord games have just put up a "pat -Wagon" up for pre-order and looking pretty good.
It's pretty similar to the pic Shark posted but it doesn't say which artist it's based from. The warlord site has a good few angles to look at.

Indeed. The "Official" Pat Wagon. Looks mainly like an armoured general transport with pintle mounts and a mortar, 'cos why not?

I always took H-Wagon to be a catch-all term, like Armoured Fighting Vehicle, could describe anything from a Land Rover with a machine on the roof all the way up to a Challenger II Main Battle Tank.

sheridan

Quote from: pauljholden on 27 March, 2023, 04:07:47 PMI've always assumed the H in H wagon means Hovering (and named, I presume for the US Paddy-Wagon). So any hovering justice dept vehicle, but built for collecting perps. for a few strips I decided to draw them in a literal H shape, because it amused me, and prior I designed a 3d model I could reuse, but honestly, they're one of the more mutable Dredd concepts and fun to redesign every chance you get...

Working my way through this thread so apologies if somebody else has already said it, but I think somebody else drew an H-shaped H-wagon - possibly Kim Raymond in Anderson's first solo strip (in an annual, not the dark judges series).

13school

I always assumed H-Wagon was short for Hover-Wagon and described any kind of flying transport, whereas a Pat-Wagon was a Patrol Wagon, and stayed roughly at street level (whether it had wheels or not).

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: 13school on 06 April, 2023, 05:31:57 PMwhereas a Pat-Wagon was...

...was a very angry man subjecting editors to furious rants at regular intervals...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]