Main Menu

Return to Return to Armageddon – and other ill-advised sequels

Started by JohnW, 24 April, 2023, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

Apologies if this has been done before, but here's the deal.
Tharg materialises in front of you and demands a pitch for a sequel to a bygone thrill.
Off the top of my head I'd give him Harry Twenty: Twenty Years Later.

A rebel colony on Mars investigates an unexpected visitation from space and meets the survivors of the High Rock.
For twenty years these men have been marooned in a maximum security prison with no guards. Two decades adrift in space. Two decades of non-consensual liaisons and hooch made from jet-pack fuel.
Maybe not something for the Regened issue, I suppose.

What's your pitch? Think about that one-but-not-quite-done.

Babe Race 3000: Tokyo Drift?
Moon Runners: the Next Generation?
Those ones practically write themselves – especially seeing as no one is likely to read them.

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

IndigoPrime

Honestly, I'd read that Harry 20 one. And I wasn't that much of a fan of the original.

broodblik

I will read the Harry 20 one as well but I loved the orginal
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

Colony Earth: HOMEWORLD

Jim Hunter takes the fight to the Space Gnomes

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JohnW

Helltrekkers: the Way Back

The Amazing Maze Dumoir II: the Bewilderness
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

broodblik

davidbishop

Bad Dave Goes Woke

Space Girls: Space Up Your Life

Time House II: AirBNB Boogaloo

Dead Men Stalking

Maniac 99: Ice Cream Warriors

Link Prime

sheridan

Uh, they already did a mini-stealth-sequel for Harry 20 - it was the last panel shock on a Future-Shock style story (can't remember what it was called through, but it appeared around five years ago?

Helltrekkers II would obviously be the Return of Crustacia!*

* after typing this I had to check the spelling.  I got it right, yippee!

Barrington Boots

Henry Moon: Henry's Moon in which Henry Moon attempts to take over a moon and create a utopia under his rule. Bonus points if it ends with his brain going back into a human and we get a shot of his arse.

More seriously I'd definitely read more Harry 20. And discounting what I said above, I'd definitely read a not-stupid Survivor sequel strip about Henry Moon. He's a talking panther on the run from some galactic crooks - he just wanders from planet to planet having adventures and helping people, like The Littlest Hobo meets The A team, in space, where your lead is a massive predatory feline.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JohnW

Quote from: sheridan on 24 April, 2023, 01:35:17 PMUh, they already did a mini-stealth-sequel for Harry 20 - it was the last panel shock on a Future-Shock style story (can't remember what it was called through, but it appeared around five years ago?
Can anybody pin this down? It rings no bells with me, but now I wanna see it.

Meanwhile:
Kola Kommandos II: the Pepsi Challenge
The plot? Who cares? It's not as if you can remember the plot of the first one.

Dry Run: After the Flood
See above

sheridan

Quote from: JWare on 24 April, 2023, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 24 April, 2023, 01:35:17 PMUh, they already did a mini-stealth-sequel for Harry 20 - it was the last panel shock on a Future-Shock style story (can't remember what it was called through, but it appeared around five years ago?
Can anybody pin this down? It rings no bells with me, but now I wanna see it.

Death Rock in the FCBD for 2015.

JohnW

Quote from: sheridan on 24 April, 2023, 02:07:34 PMDeath Rock in the FCBD for 2015.
Gotcha.
Thanks, Sheridan.
Never got my hands on that one.
So it looks like someone beat me to it, and it's Barrington Boots who gets to be the new script droid with his crime-solving, bottom-baring, talking-panther-on-the-moon thrill.
Oh well.