Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Credo! on 20 April, 2023, 06:11:17 PMThis is America.

I think you will find that the correct lyrics are ...

"This is not America,

Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah Nah ..."

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Credo! on 20 April, 2023, 06:11:17 PMThis is America.

Childish Gambino's lawyer is on the phone, a cease and desist is in the post.

sheridan

Quote from: Credo! on 20 April, 2023, 06:11:17 PM
QuoteIn New York state, 20-year-old ... was shot and killed on Saturday after a friend drove their car down the wrong driveway.

This is America.

And to make that a little more detailed, highlighting just how bad it is...

They were driving away after accidentally driving in to the wrong driveway.  i.e. there was absolutely zero threat from them at that point (even if you were particularly paranoid).

Last night a delivery driver tried to mistakenly deliver something in a plastic bag to us (some sort of takeaway).  Sobering to think that in the USA that could have resulted in their death.

JayzusB.Christ

Well, he'll probably be a future presidential advisor, Fox is still Fox, Murica is still Murica, but... I'm happy Tucker Carlson is gone.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

It's a weird story - I'm guessing he got fired because he admitted he didn't believe anything he was reporting - and those admissions helped to cost Murdoch rather a lot of $$$.

Here's the odd part: people who watch Fox News won't have heard of any of that.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Credo! on 25 April, 2023, 06:39:27 PMIt's a weird story - I'm guessing he got fired because he admitted he didn't believe anything he was reporting

Which shows what an insidious little viper the man truly is. But yeah, I suppose quite a sizeable chunk of the US will believe a very different version of events.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Michelle O'Neill has accepted an invitation to see Chucky Windsor put on his special hat.

Which is nice
You may quote me on that.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 26 April, 2023, 02:42:28 PMMichelle O'Neill has accepted an invitation to see Chucky Windsor put on his special hat.

Which is nice

What's that whirring sound I hear?
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 05 May, 2023, 04:22:54 PMWhat's that whirring sound I hear?

Is it Molcher's automatic thread-locker? [It's a joke! A joke! For the love of Grud!]
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Funt Solo

Never heard of King Dimbleby.

JohnW

Quote from: Credo! on 05 May, 2023, 04:26:08 PMIs it Molcher's automatic thread-locker? [It's a joke! A joke! For the love of Grud!]
It might start with a joke, but the next thing you know you're openly questioning Divine Right, and after that you might as well be hawking copies of An Phoblacht door to door.
It's the Tower for you, Credo my lad.
This is where liberal nonsense like Scottish devolution and Magna Carta will lead you.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Funt Solo

Googling An Phoblacht...

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 26 April, 2023, 02:42:28 PMMichelle O'Neill has accepted an invitation to see Chucky Windsor put on his special hat.

Which is nice

Private Eye on the case as usual:

(,Also, at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, I would imagine it was the allegations of Savile collusion that got the other thread locked, rather than any griping about jug-eared monarchs.)

Definitely Not Mister Pops

It's weird seeing crowds of people with union flags and union flag themed paraphernalia.

'Round my way that's a surefire sign there's a riot a brewin'.

It's like back during the 2012 Olympics, the constant knee-jerk reaction of "Oh dear, the stadium is full of sectarian scumbags"

And then there's all the people calling themselves republicans. Again, different connotations in this neck of the woods.

Anyway, God save King Tiocfaidh.
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 05 May, 2023, 09:09:15 PMAnyway, God save King Tiocfaidh.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I feel duty-bound to all you non-Oirish to point out that Tiocfaidh is pronounced Chucky.

I remember blissfully cruising across the border years ago with my father in his boat, and commenting on how many of the other passing boats had Union flags on them.

It was then that we suddenly remembered what day of the year it was. Our tricolour, which was hung more for decoration than patriotism, was taken down fairly sharpish and hidden well out of sight.