Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

The Jesuits are poisoning our wells!
(Or wait – maybe it's the Freemasons.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Funt Solo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 30 September, 2023, 10:17:41 AMIronically there was not a single child from a non-white background in the class.

Reminds me of teaching an all-male programming class one time:

Student: "Women belong in the kitchen!"
Teacher-Me: "Woah! Let's avoid sexist statements, thanks!"
Student: "But there aren't any women here!"

(You don't need the targeted demographic to be in the room to magically activate inappropriate language.)

This is a bit like people from Quiet English Village saying that racism can't exist in Quiet English Village because there aren't any black folk in Quiet English Village. (This was on the news recently when studies had shown that England is a bit racist, now, father.)
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Funt Solo

QuoteIt's built largely around the testimony of a guy named Kevin Ryan from Underwriters Laboratories. In fact, it turns out his expertise was testing water. He wasn't involved in steel at all.

Kevin Ryan: water tester, self-editor, structural engineer - hear him!
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 02 October, 2023, 07:03:29 PMKevin Ryan: water tester, self-editor, structural engineer - hear him!

I love how you (Funt Solo: Pedagogue, master fallacist, comic book nerd - hear him!) believe you have the qualifications to criticise the qualifications of others. Do you also refuse to engage with t.v. news or newspapers when the reporters have no qualifications in the stories they're presenting to you? How about the bureaucrats in the education system - do you refuse to listen to the ones who have never been teachers themselves, or who have been teachers but not of the subject/s you teach? If you had a student who didn't believe in evolution and refused to learn about it (because Charles Darwin: Blasphemer, monkey worshipper, geneticist - hear him!), would you support that student's argument?

I honestly don't know why you keep throwing out the same fallacies time after time instead of just saying, "I'm not interested in this subject so I don't want to look at it." And if you're truly not interested, why continue posting in this thread?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 October, 2023, 08:36:27 PMwhy continue posting in this thread?
I've been paid to, by Bill Gates. Or, it's a forum. Take your pick.

(By the way, you have the format wrong - it's NAME: THING THEY REALLY ARE A, THING THEY REALLY ARE B, THING THEY'RE NOT: hear [them]! You keep getting that wrong.)

-----------------------------
-----------------------------

In other news - planet-sized warships (on fire, off the shoulder of Orion): James Webb telescope makes 'JuMBO' discovery of planet-like objects in Orion

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

edgeworthy

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 02 October, 2023, 06:56:30 PM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 30 September, 2023, 10:17:41 AMIronically there was not a single child from a non-white background in the class.

Reminds me of teaching an all-male programming class one time:

Student: "Women belong in the kitchen!"
Teacher-Me: "Woah! Let's avoid sexist statements, thanks!"
Student: "But there aren't any women here!"

(You don't need the targeted demographic to be in the room to magically activate inappropriate language.)

This is a bit like people from Quiet English Village saying that racism can't exist in Quiet English Village because there aren't any black folk in Quiet English Village. (This was on the news recently when studies had shown that England is a bit racist, now, father.)
Then again the latest adaption of The Midwich Cuckoos had three inter-racial couples ... in rural Buckinghamshire!

Someone may have been trying a little bit too hard there?

Funt Solo

Quote from: edgeworthy on 03 October, 2023, 01:58:17 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 02 October, 2023, 06:56:30 PMThis is a bit like people from Quiet English Village saying that racism can't exist in Quiet English Village because there aren't any black folk in Quiet English Village. (This was on the news recently when studies had shown that England is a bit racist, now, father.)
Then again the latest adaption of The Midwich Cuckoos had three inter-racial couples ... in rural Buckinghamshire!

Eh - I don't think you'll manage to get me to follow that sort of argument. I never get twitchy about non-white folk being in things.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 02 October, 2023, 09:00:41 PM
Quote from: JohnW on 01 October, 2023, 06:24:17 PMThe Jesuits are poisoning our wells!
(Or wait – maybe it's the Freemasons.)

Nah, it's the farmers

Actually, it's Chemical pollution: A growing peril and potential catastrophic risk to humanity..

QuoteRockström et al. (2009) warned that chemical pollution is one of the planetary boundaries that ought not to be crossed to safeguard humanity. Altogether more than nine million humans are dying prematurely each year – one in six deaths – due to contamination of their air, water, food, homes, workplaces, or consumer goods* (Landrigan et al. 2018). To place this in perspective, the chemical-related annual death toll is significantly greater than that of World War II and today constitutes the greatest preventable form of mortality. Furthermore, it inflicts catastrophic losses on wildlife, notably insects and animals that depend on them, ecosystems and their services, such as pollination or clean water, on which humans depend for our own existence. This underlines the role of chemical pollution in potential planet-wide ecological breakdown (Dave 2013). There is increasing evidence in recent decades of cognitive, reproductive and developmental disorders and premature deaths caused by chemical contamination of the human living environment (Diamanti-Kandarakis et al. 2009).
(*My emphasis.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 03 October, 2023, 03:30:29 AM
Quote from: edgeworthy on 03 October, 2023, 01:58:17 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 02 October, 2023, 06:56:30 PMThis is a bit like people from Quiet English Village saying that racism can't exist in Quiet English Village because there aren't any black folk in Quiet English Village. (This was on the news recently when studies had shown that England is a bit racist, now, father.)

Eh - I don't think you'll manage to get me to follow that sort of argument. I never get twitchy about non-white folk being in things.

Me neither. I come from a small Irish Midlands town and these days there are plenty of non-white locals.  I find it fascinating to hear new accents evolve in my lifetime, the most noticeable for me being a blend of Nigerian and various Irish accents.

I thought Lenny Henry was by far the most interesting harfoot in the village (and one of the very few to nail their Irish accent).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

QuoteI find it fascinating to hear new accents evolve in my lifetime...

Me too. The Preston/Pakistan accent is a joy to listen to.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

...and tangentially related to that video, here's a pattern for ye...

This is Moira Stewart, best known as a newsreader...

...and this is David Icke, previously a sports presenter, best known nowadays as a conspiracy theorist...

One of David's most well-known beliefs is that shape-shifting lizard beasties from space secretly control the planet.

In the early 1980s, Moira Stewart was the main presenter of The Adventure Game, a BBC game show in which a team, consisting of 2 celebrities and 1 member of the public, is set tasks by alien lizard beasties who can shapeshift into human form. Moira appeared under her own name, while clearly being seen to transform from one of said alien beasties.

In the early 1980s, David Icke was one of the presenters on children's TV show, Saturday Superstore. Several of David's fellow presenters appeared as contestants on The Adventure Game, (John Craven, Maggie Philbin, Keith Chegwin and Sarah Greene).

The name of the shapeshifting alien beasties on the show was "Argonds", (an anagram of "dragons").

The name of the shapeshifting alien beasties David Icke thinks are controlling humanity is "Archons", which he says are descendants of creatures from the constellation of "Draco", (Latin for Dragon).

Here is David Icke co-presenting the news alongside confirmed shapeshifting alien lizard beasty, Moira Stewart...