Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Fink

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 December, 2023, 02:12:24 PM... they've used thin paper and the printing on one side shows through the other a little.  It's tolerable but noticeable.
Thanks - yes there's a review of one of the 1-volume editions on Amazon that says much the same. Hmmm

Trooper McFad

Woody your latest "snowman" pic is my fav

What is Dredd thinking?

Is he Jay walking, causing an obstruction?

I'm taking him down these perp are all just snowflake's

That's what I think he's thinking
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Again so much wonderful stuff but Trooper McFad that snow globe is a work of wonder.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 12 December, 2023, 09:02:47 AM...pity C & H don't fit the criteria for your 100 comics thread as I'd love to read your review on it)

Well it does meet the criteria, but you'll just need to be patient!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 December, 2023, 07:09:52 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 12 December, 2023, 09:02:47 AM...pity C & H don't fit the criteria for your 100 comics thread as I'd love to read your review on it)

🥳🥳🥳🥳 I'm hoping I'll have to be verrrry patient it deserves to be very high in my opinion

Dash Decent

C & H covers all genres - there's space travelling Spaceman Spiff, detective Tracer Bullet, time travel, dinosaurs, the Susie Derkins romance, the no-one-say-nuthin' noodle incident*, the Sisyphean labour that is the reading of Hamster Huey and the Gooey Balooie**, the school bully storyline of every low teens adolescent story, the faithful friend/pet/animal, family relationships, etc.  It even has some humour tucked away in it.  Gold, gold, gold.

* The Noodle Incident would be a great name for a band, or an album.
** Someone should get permission to write this and make it real.  If "Lady Don't Fall Backwards" can happen, this should to.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 13 December, 2023, 07:15:26 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 December, 2023, 07:09:52 AM

:-X but, well yes...

Another doozy this morning Dash Decent. Absolutely fantastic stuff.
🥳🥳🥳🥳 I'm hoping I'll have to be verrrry patient it deserves to be very high in my opinion

Andy Lambert

What a wonderfully mad submission from staticgirl - so much going, and I LOVE the character design of the malevolent looking Christmas tree! The candy cane arms are inspired!
Colin's Dan and Mekon cartoon is an absolute delight - thanks again for stepping in for me yesterday.
Trooper's snow globe is amazing - how on earth do you make these things?? My skills are purely 2D and I can't deny I'm a little envious of your sculpting skills, Nicely done!
I think Dash Decent is the hero of this year's calendar - never failing to deliver the humour! Well done, sir!

On a more sad note, I just wanted to express my gratitude to Ian Gibson for leaving behind such a incredible legacy, so much artwork that has kept us fans happy for decades. I feel lucky I got to meet him a couple of years ago, and he was such a lovely gentlemen who clearly loved meeting his fans. He joins some of his peers who have sadly already departed and like them, he will be missed so very, very much.
Thank you Ian.

Barrington Boots

How good is that snowglobe? McFad, you rule!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Judge Woody

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 13 December, 2023, 07:02:44 AMWoody your latest "snowman" pic is my fav

What is Dredd thinking?

Is he Jay walking, causing an obstruction?

I'm taking him down these perp are all just snowflake's

That's what I think he's thinking

Many thanks, many more snowmen pics to come

Judge Woody

Love the snowglobe Trooper, be interested as to how you made this.

Andy, your pics are amazing as always, looking forward to your latest.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Judge Woody on 13 December, 2023, 03:02:16 PMLove the snowglobe Trooper, be interested as to how you made this.

Check out the "Does my figure look big in this" thread

Another snowman classic Woody - do you have one for each day?

Funt luv'n the previous Xmas prog covers and glad to know we have 2 more to come.

Andy you just keep them coming they are class.

And talking of class - Dash these probably deserve a thread of there own where we can appreciate them in all their glory and chuckles

Keep it up all this has been superb and still 11 days to go.  :D

Judge Woody

Have more Snowmen, not sure how many more Dredd based ones, but have other themes I'd done in the past.

M.I.K.

Pretty certain that Anderson's by Jason Brashill.

Trooper McFad

TLS gives us another hatrick. Not listening to the song for a fear of a crappy ear worm 😂. Dredd is great - is that confiscated presents he's sitting on? Still enjoying the script and I have high hopes of you sticking the ending- no pressure now 😁

Woody - just keep them coming

Dash - steps up again but I have to say I'm surprised that The Mighty one is running after another being?

Andy - another cracker I have a soft spot for Mongrol and I will create my own one day