Main Menu

If you don't like Big Brother, you won't like this thread

Started by Dudley, 29 June, 2005, 02:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Not so!  I am a gentle soul- but I might have to beat you up for your cheek now...
Pffft...

House of Usher

The current issue of Private Eye picked up the irony I mentioned earlier.

"...presenting the Campaign for Racial Equality's 'Race in Media' awards, chairman Trevor Phillips praised the Channel 4 reality show as 'a chance for people to encounter people from other ethnic groups they would never meet in their everyday lives', and pointed out that 'most encouragingly... they seem completely uninfluenced by issues of race and ethnicity in deciding who they want to chuck out or keep in.'"

"With perfect timing, Phillips made his speech on the very night the housemates, who had split completely along racial lines, had their most furious argument yet, with the ringleader of the white gang (who have comandeered the house's living room) telling one of the black group (who confine themselves to the kitchen) that her afro hair was "a fucking wig", she "smelled of dogshit" and that "you've got a chip on your shoulder, people like you always do". Evicted last week, however, white Saskia clarified her position on the matter - her objection to the other housemates was "not about colour", it was simply that they were "a bunch of bloody monkeys".

Whilst I might quibble over some of the details, I can't dispute the main thrust of Private Eye's argument.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Still at least it seems they're all happy now, and it looks like Maxwell and Science have both been nominated for eviction for no more sinister reason than they are both arseholes.
STRIKE !!!

Funt Solo

It would seem that all the housemates are insane.

Today's example is Mikose:  she's had unprotected sex and assumes she's pregnant so she goes into the diary room and says "I'm going to have the baby, but I'm never going to tell the father".  At that point it cut away to another scene, presumably because Big Brother was asking "What colour is the sky in your planet?"

After presumably being informed of exactly how f*cking stupid she was being, in the next scene she is discussing taking the morning after pill:  surely a better approach to the situation of having drunkenly shagged a randy pretty boy in a jacuzzi without any kind of contraception than day-dreaming of the fictional joys of single-parenthood.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

WoD

I think I just pissed me pants laughing at that one...

Tweak72

this isnt any good for the enviroment you know
:Phttp://www.relaxia.cz/galerie/nuclear/images/Nuclear%20Explosions%20Yeso_jpg.jpg">
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Conexus

why'd they have to stick it between the two lost Eps? I had on mute the whole time, but it still ment that BB had an extra viewing figure it didn't diserve