Main Menu

PROUD PARENT

Started by Tiplodocus, 25 October, 2009, 04:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 27 October, 2009, 12:33:04 PM
Good stuff Godders - I might nick some of that.

Proudhuff, that's a quite uncanny image, I once went to a film and TV themed fancy dress party as Alexei Sayle.

I thought it was you
DDT did a job on me

TheEdge

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 25 October, 2009, 04:38:20 PM
I feel really proud.

Teenage Tips, at 18 years old, has just got round to calling me a fascist!

I'm so proud.

I won't let him play House of the Dead: Overkill downstairs while his Granny and Grandpa and Tiny Tips are woandering around. The eldsters would be heartily offended (and confused) and Tiny Tips,at 9, would be plain fascinated and confused.

And I won't let him take the Wii upstairs because his room is quite, quite disgustingly unclean (no, really) and he has no respect for any gadget and regularly abuses them and tosses them across the room or drops them when done (even the ones that belong to him.

So I'm a fascist. 

We've had "I never asked to be born" and all that sort of stuff before but this shows a nascent political awareness.

Next, I hope to get him to look up the meaning of the word...

Your missing a trick.......

Tell him he's an adult now, its your house your rules.

OR if he wants more of a say provide him with bills for Rent, Leccy and food. if he pays for that then he can have say.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 25 October, 2009, 04:38:20 PM
I feel really proud.

Teenage Tips, at 18 years old, has just got round to calling me a fascist!

I'm so proud.

I won't let him play House of the Dead: Overkill downstairs while his Granny and Grandpa and Tiny Tips are woandering around. The eldsters would be heartily offended (and confused) and Tiny Tips,at 9, would be plain fascinated and confused.

And I won't let him take the Wii upstairs because his room is quite, quite disgustingly unclean (no, really) and he has no respect for any gadget and regularly abuses them and tosses them across the room or drops them when done (even the ones that belong to him.

So I'm a fascist. 

We've had "I never asked to be born" and all that sort of stuff before but this shows a nascent political awareness.

Next, I hope to get him to look up the meaning of the word...

I am 40 odd and i have managed to smash about half a dozen PS2 controllers so its not just kids or young adults who abuse and throw these things around.

Anyway i never had many arguments of this nature with parents because i had my own Tv room/lounge for playing computer games etc that i shared with my brother and sister which lead to us arguing with each other instead.Not sure if i called them Fascists but i know i used another word beginning with F among others.

A family household is by definition Fascist .Parents have all the authority ,cash and everything else so what they say goes or at least most of the time.Its hardly Egalitarian.

I cant think of any particular instances involving arguments to add to this right now.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Quote from: mogzilla on 27 October, 2009, 04:01:05 PMshes 4 and already has an answer for everything!

The important bit there is SHE not 4.

vzzbux

How ace is my son. On his fifth birthday (Saturday just gone) he got a duplicate Lego Indiana jones Race for the stolen treasure and said great one for my and one for daddy. But we asked my sister if she could take it back and get a different set.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

satchmo

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 26 October, 2009, 07:29:55 PM
Only if you have a boy though. If you kick a girl in the vagina then it means you're a big fat queer and then the space/time continuum has to rearrange the entire universe to take account of you always being a gay and so your child was never born because gays can't reproduce and she never grows up to find the cure for cancer.

Nice going Ben, thanks a million. And all because you didn't let her play videogames in the year 2025.

The telly is yours for the entirety of 2025, sweetheart. Play Grand Theft Auto 12 to your hearts content. HUMANITY ITSELF DEPENDS ON IT. :)

(and cheers Krom, Mothman will be back!)

TordelBack

QuoteOn his fifth birthday (Saturday just gone) he got a duplicate Lego Indiana jones Race for the stolen treasure and said great one for my and one for daddy.

That is indeed pretty damn ace.  Also, a superb Lego set.