Main Menu

Oxfam Comic Event 2011 Edinburgh - Call For Participants.

Started by zombieman, 29 June, 2011, 01:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Well done Zombieman a fine gig all round...

The only bad thang was the Satanist didn't get in, saw him at the door and then he was gone, he could have sneaked in at the next break  ::) The number of bar's I HAD to go into looking for him...

In no particular order...

Some fine discussions and stories from the panel, Andy Diggles' comments on the rushes he saw of the Dredd movie were very enlightening, John McShane was a fine MC and Ferg handle the first half with aplomb, Mr McNeil remained tight lipped about the next Insurrection tale and I believe Dode C got some praise and constructive crit from the great and the good, Gary Erskine boldly displayed his inner geek and I, I enjoyed myself immensely.

A wee chat with Graeme Neil Reid revealed his plans for HiEx, while Cosh Tips and GRennie were marked absent and given the crap jobs to do

After a finely crafted question from the floor we got to hear about the Cliff Richard 'two words' incident and other censorship crisis at  2k.  The hours fair flew in and before you could say Commando! there was an exedus to Mathers Bar when just before closing time I had the pleasure to hear Megan (?) enchant the remaining old soaks with the voice of a siren

DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 27 July, 2011, 03:17:19 PM
I had the pleasure to hear Megan (?) enchant the remaining old soaks with the voice of a siren

Police or ambulance?

Proudhuff

...more a tied to the mast kinda thing  :o never see some many old geezers go misty eye so quickly!!

A proper review with details and pics of two thargs for the price of one here: http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2011/oxfam-edinburgh-comic-event/

DDT did a job on me