Main Menu

My Life the Future Shock

Started by Generally Contrary, 08 April, 2003, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

serious thing now.
bring with you high end surgical masks.they are currently in high demand and VERY EXPENSIVE at this time,
i am not winding you up.its getting very serious out here.
we need to keep all boarders in safe condition.

would you like to be cremated with your progs or shall i send my name and address to your next of kin with a cheque.:~>
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Generally Contrary

My father lives in Hong Kong, and I respect him as a pretty intelligent man, and he says 'come'.  Plus, I have been reading through WHO reports and the like, and I am of the opinion that the threat is being overblown (though appreciate that as you live in Singapore you will have a different perspective).  In Hong Kong, around 300 people a month die of pneumonia.  20 people have died from SARS in about 3.  The city has a population approaching that of London.  According to doctor friends, in London some people's housing conditions are so bad we have a real live TB epidemic brewing.  There are more than 20 deaths from TB in London over the same time period.  Shit - I'm catching my plane from London!!

I understand that SARS is a nasty bug.  But, if this continue the way they are, I still have more chance of dying in the taxi.  

Of course, I might find myself eating my words - through an IV drip!

Devons Daddy

well if you are on your way. HAVE A GREAT TIME.
if its your first time.it never fails to live up to all you expect it too. if its not.then you know what i mean.

i love HK, my second fave asain city after Bangkok.
totally wacky and fun.best bars in the region.greatest shopping in the world.finest food on the planet.
have a great holiday.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

My youngest brother is in Hong Kong at the moment, and he doesn't feel at risk because most of the deaths have been the old and infirm. A local workmate of his isn't afraid for himself, but the risk he would pose to his parents if he caught it. Also, everyone is being hyper-careful and not coming in to work at the slightest hint of a cold.

Wake

Generally Contrary

I planning on painting up my mask like a Justice Department repirator - they're just the right shape.  Can someone post a picture just to remind me of the design?  

I will be wearing a surgical mask - though there seems a debate over whether they are much use in stopping you from getting the virus.

My progs?  No - please don't burn them!  If I do not come back from this jouney, I want all my comics distributed to poor orphan children through a library set up in my memory.

Queen Firey-Bou

hey barty boy... all the best luck in travelly..
my tale is truely a multi parter, as the psychotic teen came back last night for more vandalism, this time i talked him down & managed to get his parents. turns out hes getting charged anywey. his dads offering to pay, but thats not really the point at the mo' i'd rather know he was getting medical help & we were safe in our beds. No this is not part of job, this is crazy shit in my world at home, which sucks. strangely enough i'm not at work but pacing the perimeter for next attack.
care in community? drugs? wow, poor boy, poor parents what a mess ! my poor head!