Main Menu

Happy Dredd Day!

Started by chuffsteruk, 07 September, 2012, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Leonia and I have now seen Dredd twice: first time was at the 14:00 screening in Vue, Liffey Valley, second was the 21:30 screening in Movies @ Dundrum.

That's the first time we've ever seen the same movie twice in one day. It wasn't planned: Vue took their sweet time listing it on their website, so we weren't even sure that it would be playing there. So we booked the Dundrum screening and - minutes later - the e-mail notification from Vue arrived: "Dredd is now available for booking."

I have to say... We loved it the first time, but it's even better the second time around! Grud knows how long it'll be before the DVD comes out, so I reckon we'll be seeing it again in the cinema before too long.

Seriously, this movie tops The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man for sheer fun, and even gives The Avengers a good run for its money in the comic-book adaptation stakes.

I know I'm biased, but I seriously believe that Dredd is hands-down the best action movie I've seen in years!

-- Mike

Danbo

It is more enjoyable than the Avengers and DKR ,Hulk and Catwumins bum come close though.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Mudcrab

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 07 September, 2012, 11:56:29 PM
If yesterday was Dreddmass eve and Today was Dreddmass, what does that make tomorrow?

Drokks in Day?

Cubing Day?  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Goaty

Fist Of Dredd Day? As my image below.

Mudcrab

Quote from: Goaty on 08 September, 2012, 12:24:58 AM
Fist Of Dredd Day? As my image below.

Fisting Day?  :lol:

I am definitely getting my coat. Goodnight people  :)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

COMMANDO FORCES

Had a superb time this evening at the Rochester cineworld cinemas. Did a few hours of patrolling and managed to stop quite a few people going to see Total Recall and they weren't disappointed when they came out. The buzz from the two screenings I attended says it should do well as word of mouth spreads.

Sadly some people still had no idea who or what Dredd is but a good 90% were in the know, which is good.

I actually went inside and watched certain bits and even wearing the helmet it looked great!

I had the management taking photos all evening and should get them emailed across soonish. Lots of people loved a bit of Judge action but two lasses, my god the poses they got up to with me :o I hope those pictures are included

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

DeFuzzed

Total loon! :) - good work shifting them from Recall to Dredd. I tried to do a fair bit myself but without the uniform, I think it lacks a certain impact *g*

Bat King

I third the motion!!! Mr Burdis, is a loon.

Judge Burdis is the law!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Bat King on 08 September, 2012, 01:05:39 AM
I third the motion!!! Mr Burdis, is a loon.

Maybe so, but he's our loon!
;)

Dandontdare

as someone pointed out elsewhere - when are you going to get that Judged Gang tattoo?

darnmarr

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 September, 2012, 01:21:03 AM
as someone pointed out elsewhere - when are you going to get that Judged Gang tattoo?
That's for perps: he is the LAW!

Dandontdare

ah c'mon, I don't think I was the only on who thought 'Burdiis 2099' at that point.

judda fett

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 07 September, 2012, 10:19:39 AM
Quote from: judgefett on 07 September, 2012, 09:47:16 AM
Let us not forget the real meaning of Dredd day and the baby Judge Dredd in the manger.. er, have a good one folks!

You obviously weren't paying attention at Sunday school.
It's Grud, the father.
Baby Dredd (in a test Tube)
And the Fargo ghost.
yr quite right father O logan, my apologies. I enjoyed the film again earlier even through a minute of buggered 3d. the mixed bag audience loved it. as shaolin monkey said, near 100 people at first screening on a sunny day bodes well id say..