Main Menu

Back from San Diego

Started by JamieB, 30 July, 2004, 07:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieB

...and boy, are my arms tired. I'm here all week! Try the veal!

Just returned from ComicCon San Diego... and can talk to you about next year's books up til March.

Quick version:-

JANUARY

SINISTER DEXTER: MURDER 101
ABC WARRIORS: THE MEKNIFICENT SEVEN
BAD COMPANY: GOODBYE, KROOL WORLD

FEBRUARY

SKIZZ
ROGUE TROOPER: THE FUTURE OF WAR
DEVLIN WAUGH: RED TIDE

MARCH

DREDD: AMERICA
NIKOLAI DANTE: THE GREAT GAME
SLAINE: WARRIOR'S DAWN

Will discuss further once jet-lag wears off... my body thinks it's breakfast time!

J-Bo-1

Mr D

Oh, you bastard. Eight more books I'll have to get?

Better get saving

Devons Daddy

wow
get the presses rolling
you and us. we need to print money!

thats a superb line up.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ukdane

I've decided I'm gonna stop buying shite US comics (like star wars) in order to save money so that I can buy these reprint books even though I've got the original stories in comic format... How's that for dedication?
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

Oooh, juicy...

I assume the Meknificent Seven, Skizz and America collections are just going to be Rebellion/DC versions of the existing Titan reprints? Also, is the Rogue collection just going to be a new version of the current Titan collection "Future War"?

Delighted to see that Dante, Sin/Dex & Devlin Waugh are going to be seeing second volumes so soon - it looks from here as though they're being positioned, along with Dredd, as "flagship" 2000AD titles.

Oh, almost forgot:

BAD COMPANY! YOU FUCKING DANCER!

:-D

JamieB

"I assume the Meknificent Seven, Skizz and America collections are just going to be Rebellion/DC versions of the existing Titan reprints?"

More or less.

"Also, is the Rogue collection just going to be a new version of the current Titan collection "Future War"?"

Yes, but more complete.

"Delighted to see that Dante, Sin/Dex & Devlin Waugh are going to be seeing second volumes so soon - it looks from here as though they're being positioned, along with Dredd, as "flagship" 2000AD titles."

:)

"Oh, almost forgot:

BAD COMPANY! YOU FUCKING DANCER!"

:) :)

J-Bo-1

The Amstor Computer

Heh, nice one. That means I can hold off on picking up the Future War TPB - which was missing a few key stories, anyway - and wait for the new Rogue collection.

BTW - if it's not too late, any chance of considering the magnificent Cam Kennedy cover for the old Titan RT Book 2 for the new collection?

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/hires/rogue2.jpg" target="_blank">Rogue Trooper Book 2

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/hires/rogue2.jpg">

Trout

That's a good line-up; well done!

I'll be looking to get Skizz, Dante and probably America.

Some good choices for the US market there, too.

- Trout

Oddboy

Is Skizz going to be just 'Skizz' - or will it squeeze in 'SkIIzz' and/or 'SkIIIzz' aswell?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

I know of no such sequels.

No. Surely not.

They never existed.

*sob*

- Trout

Grant Goggans

Wow, this really does look like a good lineup.  Jamie, how did the 2000 AD panel Saturday evening go?  I've been waiting all week to hear something and it was obviously worth the wait to see this!

JANUARY

Hmmm.  Might the skipped Tom Carney episodes left out of the first volume find a home here?

I would like a nice collection of these.  My first-printing Titan Bks 1 and 2 are about to fall apart!

The first 20 episode story in one book?

FEBRUARY

SKIZZ

I've never actually owned a collected edition of this.  I will now!

Ehhh, this one I'll only get if it's complete and no episodes were skipped.  The first 20-22 episodes, perhaps?

Now this is curious.  I'd have thought this would have been "Book 3" and the Sirius Rising story, which I hugely prefer, "Book 2."

MARCH

I'm good with my Titan collection, but I'll happily pitch this to anyone who'll listen as one of the very best Dredd stories.  Good choice.

Ooooh!  How many episodes are we talking about here?  The next 16 after volume 1, through Great Game...?

You're kidding me!  Could this mean Belardinelli Slaine episodes reprinted in a bound collection for the first time?  This could have the 22 episodes up through The Shoggey Beast, perhaps?  I am really looking forward to this, if it's complete.  I hope it's not just another set of the McMahon episodes alone - you've gotta have Bride of Crom!

Antici-ma-patin' more news...
Grant

The Amstor Computer

"Ehhh, this one I'll only get if it's complete and no episodes were skipped. The first 20-22 episodes, perhaps?"

Well, as Jamie says, this is going to be a more complete version of the current Titan collection. That collects 13 of the first episodes, but it misses out "Poison", a 2-part episode. If they throw in "Fear of the Machine", "The Dreamweavers" and "The Buzzard", that'd bring the book to a nice conclusion & give you a chunky 23-episode volume of about 120 pages.

"Now this is curious. I'd have thought this would have been "Book 3" and the Sirius Rising story, which I hugely prefer"

Well, I'd imagine it's because Red Tide picks up the storyline from "Swimming in Blood". Sirius Rising is great, but it's completely disconnected from the stories already published. I'd hope it gets a reprint at some point, though...

JamieB

Hmmm. Might the skipped Tom Carney episodes left out of the first volume find a home here?

--No. And I've skipped some other stuff in this one, too. SinDex has too much patchy stuff to do in complete form, and it'd take it up to too many books (at the price of doing other titles) to justify it.

I would like a nice collection of these. My first-printing Titan Bks 1 and 2 are about to fall apart!

---Sorted.

--- BC/BCII/BCIII/Simply

FEBRUARY

SKIZZ

I've never actually owned a collected edition of this. I will now!

---Yes.

Ehhh, this one I'll only get if it's complete and no episodes were skipped. The first 20-22 episodes, perhaps?

---I've not skipped anything in this. I forget where exactly it goes up to. Will cover right up to the Traitor General in these reprints at the least.

Now this is curious. I'd have thought this would have been "Book 3" and the Sirius Rising story, which I hugely prefer, "Book 2."

---SR et al are in this one, too. The title fits better with the 1st collection.

MARCH

I'm good with my Titan collection, but I'll happily pitch this to anyone who'll listen as one of the very best Dredd stories. Good choice.

---Ta!

Ooooh! How many episodes are we talking about here? The next 16 after volume 1, through Great Game...?

---Up to THE HUNTING PARTY, IIRC.

You're kidding me! Could this mean Belardinelli Slaine episodes reprinted in a bound collection for the first time? This could have the 22 episodes up through The Shoggey Beast, perhaps? I am really looking forward to this, if it's complete. I hope it's not just another set of the McMahon episodes alone - you've gotta have Bride of Crom!

---Indeed. It's complete (ie nowt skipped) up to just after WD, IIRC.

J-Bo-1

paulvonscott

I have to say I think Jamies done quite a smart job on these.  

I have a lot of old Titan Books anyway, so I'm prety Graphic Novelled up, but the Bad Company, Rogue and Slaine ones will be definitely on my list.  Complete Rogue and Slaine, gotta be a good thing.

It's working out so there is about one a month I'd defintiely buy, which is a comfortable amount.

So all the books start in January, there's been no previous annoncements I've missed?

The Amstor Computer

"BAD COMPANY: GOODBYE, KROOL WORLD

--- BC/BCII/BCIII/Simply"

Holy shit! So, that's the Bad Company, The Bewilderness, The Krool Heart & Simply all in one great big 245-page collection? :-D

"DEVLIN WAUGH: RED TIDE

Now this is curious. I'd have thought this would have been "Book 3" and the Sirius Rising story, which I hugely prefer, "Book 2."

---SR et al are in this one, too. The title fits better with the 1st collection."

Weeee! That'll be Chasing Herod, Reign of Frogs, Sirius Rising and Red Tide, then? Another doorstep of a TPB - oh, and any chance of including Jock's original pages? It'd make a nice selling point...