Main Menu

...but I just don't GET it...

Started by Bico, 20 August, 2004, 01:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Priv8eye

All of the above.

Strange how many of us feel the same about so much.

Bart Oliver

When they make you fill in the forms for immigration on flights to the US and you get a question like "Have you at any time been a member of the Nazi party between the years 1933 and 1945?"

NASA space program.. Dr. Strangelove?
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Satanist

The Olympics, no sorry whats the point again?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Slippery PD

Hahahaha yes.  The last one I filled in had
"Have you been a member or funder of a terrorist organisation at any time?"  Now if you were, your hardly going to write yes, unless your Nelson Mandela....

Friends, at $4million dollars an episode is like $8million dollars a joke....

Big Brother...

Slips

[YT-2]

>I don't get the 'love' for Beck & Kawl, it's absolute pants and is just fanboy injoke, observational tat...

its called diversity, what appeals to one doesnt always appeal to all. Its the differences that make things less boring, if we all liked or disliked the same things this place would be a very boring place to spend time.
You dont have to understand the differences just accept that people are.

[YT-2]

Mr C

This thread really isn't what I expected it to be from the title.

Never forget- The Cap is filthy minded.

gavzilla

Eminem, celebrity worship, TV soaps, Chris Moyles, Lord of the Rings, hamburgers, those men's shorts that are really quite long, Johnny Vegas, "news"papers

gavzilla

Ooops - forgot about the real biggie for me (though it probably doesn't come under modern pop culture) - religion, any of it.

House of Usher

Text messaging. Ringtones. Why on earth it can be worth anybody's while to steal a mobile telephone when it seems like everybody has one.
STRIKE !!!

Oddboy

24. It's probably quite good, I aught to get the DVD series of it sometime. Just missed it beginning & couldn't be arsed with it.

I don't get why people would want to talk to you while you're trying to read. Very disrupting.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tex Hex

Oooooh, I need this thread. I apologise in advance if I offend  along the way....

Grown up people who still like WWE wrestling. "I know its made up! I enjoy the display of althetesism." Boll*x, youre a moron! You LIKE the sorylines!

Little Britain. Is it funny to reiterate the same handfull of sketches in each episode? If so I might give comedy writing a pop. Write me some shit jokes about gay folks and the mentally handicapped. Ho-sodding-ho.

Ahh. The call of responsibility! But Ill return...

hex

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Bico

I still watch WWE, but I make no defence of it.  It's puerile, unbelievably homophobic, misogynistic, and possibly even deeply racist, but if I'm in, and it's on telly, I'll watch it.

Footballer's salaries.  There are people starving, not just in third world countries, but in our major cities, and these clothes-horse pseudo alpha-male primadonnas are being paid millions for something they'd do anyway if they had a love of the sport.

And GOLF.

Just fuck off, golf.
Fuck RIGHT off.

Tanky

What the feck are those bloody awful crochet ponchos all about? Where did they come from? And whose idea was it?

Queen Firey-Bou

actually they come from cheap stalls at markets or farm shows, & they invoke pleasant memories of being a child in the sixties /70's, i had a nice crocheted one with pom poms, exceptn now, theyre not made in wool, by mum, theyre made in third world sweat shops & are nylon & polyester.

BO selecter makes me laugh my ass off, which is more than can be said for.... moths.