Main Menu

Darkie's Mob from Battle Picture Weekly

Started by Tiplodocus, 22 April, 2002, 07:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Anyone remember a story called "Darkie's mob" from Battle Picture Weekly?  Does nayone know who wrote it? Where can I reread bits of it?

I remember the setup as being vaguely like "Bad Company" but I can't remember how it ended.  I do rememeber liking the artwork (lots of shadow and strong colour that was probably dictated by cost rather than artistic integrity) and I remember liking some of the stories and unexpected violence and dirty tactics employed by the hero.  

I was also wondering if it ended with the raw recruit being subsumed into Emperor Hirohito.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tu-plang

Didn't John Wagner write it?  I think he did.

sigu

Someone on this message board (sorry, can't remember who)has put together a Darkie's Mob fan page which even has an interview with John Wagner. Check it out below.

Link: http://www.frothersunite.com/marbles/fanboy/DarkiesMob_Intro.html" target="_blank">Darkie's Mob fan page

paulvonscott

Ol^ Marbles

Tiplodocus

Thank you very much - memory lane has been well and truly . Nice to see that I thought John Wagner was great even before I thought John Wagner was great (if you see what I mean).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!