Main Menu

The Incredibles

Started by longmanshort, 21 November, 2004, 08:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longmanshort

Saw this last night and I have to say ...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

!

!

!

!

!

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard ... aside from the blisteringly good animation, the characters are beautifully rounded, the in-jokes subtle to the point of invisibility, and the whole world view is stunningly realised. Occasional sentimental moments, but nowhere near as sickly stupid as Toy Story or any of the others. An interesting attitude about the world: "If everyone's special, then no-one is" which I'm sure will be debated for aaaages and is suitably different to previous animated efforts.

I'm still trying to remember all the best bits, but current favourites include:

* The side-splittingly funny explanation of why capes for superheroes are NOT a good idea - with examples!

* The interviews at the beginning: "Y'know I can punch through walls but I can't seem to get this microphone on..."

* The Bond pastich as the son runs across the water

* The Bond-esque island with the monorail. Particularly when Mr Incredible throws the pod at the gate!

* Mr Incredible and his very small car (I know how he feels)

But my favourite remains when Samual L Jackson aka Frozone (ace names in this!) is looking for his supersuit ...

Top film. Go see it now!

http://www.kino-govno.com/img/incredibles_1s.jpg">

One question though, why isn't this lady in the movie?!?!?

http://www.themoviebox.net/gallery/2003/ComicCON2003/digitalpics/images/pic00009.jpg">
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Jared Katooie

Quirkafleeg

They showed so much of it on T4 this morning it hardly seems worth going to the cinema now...

longmanshort

Yeah, I was particularly annoyed by that - why the fuck do they do that?!?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Devons Daddy

managed to avoid every trailer to be honest.
which is not easy and involves use of remote control a lot. but two day the family are off to see this.

really looking forward to it.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Jared Katooie

I despise T4. With or without that insect Vernon Kaye.

Priv8eye

Were off to see this for the sprogs birthday.

Lookng forward to it.

Krustabi

IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
H
U
G
E
G
A
P
A
S
I
G
O
I
N
T
O
Q
U
I
T
E
A
B
I
T
O
F
D
E
T
A
I
L

What I liked about it:

The animation. Dazzling.
The villains, who were all genuinely scary and loathsome, including the guards.
The scene where Mr Incredible finds the list of dead supers, and his subsequent capture, a wonderfully creepy and sad moment.
Syndrome getting bumped off, take that you little shit!
The baby's powers.
Frozone looking for his suit.
Edna Mode.
Bob's anger when he's captured.

EVERYTHING!!!!

See it now

Oddboy

MOVIE.. TOOO... GOOOD....

Brilliant brilliant exxxxxxcellent.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Something Fishy

I saw it yesterday with my lad and his pal.. it was stonking.

Conexus

Amazing, by far the best Pixar movie ever, I think (one of the thinks) that makes it so great is that it's not a total superhero parody, the plot could easily work very well as a straight super hero plot.(not saying the parody parts weren't good though)

Conexus

Amazing, by far the best Pixar movie ever, I think (one of the things) that makes it so great is that it's not a total superhero parody, the plot could easily work very well as a straight super hero plot.(not saying the parody parts weren't good though)

Proudhuff

As a middle aged six foot four burly type with a event filled youth behind me and a spreading gut, (who went to see this avec ma sprogs) there was a lot in this for me...
My seven year old also took to elbowing me and smirking when he wasn't 'all in bar his feet' and I loved it.

As said above this is LOL great fun, the sets, cars etc are as I would love the world to be,but thats just me.

Lots of great comic related jokes,   Showtime!

No doubt some po-face pedant will list the reasons why not to watch this,  if only to be 'alternative',
 but as the oldest grumpiest pedant around here I say ignore them go enjoy yerself!

You know it make sense

Sterling Huff
DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

Krustabi

Saw it again last night. best fillum ever.