Main Menu

Wulf's second life

Started by Jayzus B. Christ, 04 May, 2002, 09:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayzus B. Christ

I missed some episodes of The Final Solution. When and how did Wulf get brought back to life, as I read in an earlier thread? I have to say, I thought TFS was one of the best SD storylines ever (I know most would disagree). But bringing the Viking back to life does not sound good. Despite what Tharg likes to think, many, many dead characters HAVE been brought back to life, just like they do it in the good ol' Uncle U.S. of Stateside.

Something Fishy

Your right, i think the yanks go a bit overboard with it though.

They seem to invent the most stupid stories just to bring back a character they regret killing.

Hope that didn't happen with Wulf.  I read the FS story but i can't remember to be honest (tis a long time ago)

McNulty

Actually, Wulf wasn't really brought back to life. Alpha and Middenface McNulty were attending an anniversary service for Wulf when he was reannimated by sorcery. Controlled by black magic, Wulf atttacks his friends before he is overpowered. Alpha uses his abilities to find out the truth and the link is broken. Alpha uses a time bomb to transport Wulf's body offworld, so his enemies couldn't use Wulf against him again. I hope that brings you up to speed.

Jayzus B. Christ

Cheers, it does indeed.
I'm also glad that Wulf was not actually brought back to life, like Johnny was in the Strontium Dogs story.

paulvonscott

Alan Grant couldn't even leave the body alone.  Is there no shame?

Rambo

Am I, again, alone here? I enjoyed the Final Solution when I got to read it. I'd been reading 2000AD monthly for a long time, and started reading the weekly about prog 700. I was a bit devastated at the time, but it's like Rogue Trooper (either version) or whatever - they go stale after a while. Even I have to admit that Sinister and Dexter isn't what it used to be - but Dan Abnett can only come up with just so many interesting ideas and twists.

Why did Alan kill Johnny? I asked him that last year, and he told me - the ideas were running out, and he didn't want anyone else getting their grubby hands on him. You only need to look what happened to the Strontium Dogs" storyline when those other idiots hijacked it. Wagner said outright he ignored the whole thing, but I don't think he ever forgave Alan Grant for killing Alpha. Sorry John, but you said you agreed to it, and your input into the writing of the series had waned well before that. If you'd had any ideas at the time, you should have said that.

I liked the first one, with Feral - it was well written and didn't sully the memory of the characters, but the whole neo-gothic Durham Red thing was too much to bear. That wasn't anything like the same character as in the 'real' Strontium Dog.

The Final Solution or the Zombie Wulf didn't insult the earlier stuff - but what came after did.