Main Menu

Futurequake #4 ... has arrived!

Started by Dudley, 12 May, 2005, 04:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

"I have no doubt that many of those now appearing in FutureQuake! will appear among the top professionals of tomorrow" - Alan Grant

"...the future of comics..." - Tharg the Mighty*

Futurequake! is a British comic exclusively dedicated to the pleasures of the short story.  Within our pages you can find many worlds? Nazi dinosaurs share space with reality game show astronauts, benefit-cheat superheroes and Aztec gods?

Founded by reclusive and possibly mad genius Arthur Wyatt, the comic is now in saner if not necessarily safer hands. We feature strips from new writers and artists and have proved successful at attracting some top international talent alongside home-grown geniuses. Or is it "genii"? Anyway.

Futurequake issue 4 is now on sale, in its smart new full colour cover with an astonishingly good image from Matt Timson, which we ain't gonna spoiler here.  

It also features the first UK work from Stewart McKenny (Captain America, Star Wars), Gibson Quarter (Northern Lightz), Julia Bax (Kaos!), and Cullen Bunn (two times winner of the World Horror Competition Gross-Out Contest), and many, many more creators besides!

We're also pleased to announce our final god-like professional contributor.  Yes, alongside the Alan Grant introduction and full colour strip from Inaki Miranda and Eva de la Cruz (script by Cullen Bunn), we're running exclusive art by none other than Arthur Ranson.  

And Oddboy, Bou, Tank Grrl and Mr Dribbles might be happy to know that, yes, he brought his lightbox with him...

All this, and 46 pages of strip besides!

Futurequake #4
FEAR THE FUTURE

* Some quotes may have been taken somewhat out of context.  We also fear Rigellian Hotshots.

longmanshort

Sounds great, guys! Looking forward to reading this, even though I lost my chance to appear alongside the Ranson-ster*

* Yeah, I know ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

paulvonscott

"I have no doubt that many of those now appearing in FutureQuake! will appear among the top professionals of tomorrow" - Alan Grant

Ahhh... now I understand why my strip was dropped...

;)

Max Kon

Shouldn't we link? or does that come later?

Dudley

paulvonscott

C'mon, show us!

Really looking forward to it.

johnnystress

"...the future of comics..." - Tharg the Mighty*

I'm going to sue the arse off Alan Grant if Tharg doesn't give me a job

Aces

Looking forward to reading this

Max Kon

The site is by Barny (Dante on here).
The messageboard is by me, i'm still working on the colours.

Link: http://www.futurequake.co.uk/fq/index.shtml" target="_blank">The site

Bolt-01

I'm here!

Have I missed 'owt?

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

Nah, it's all stuff you knew already.

Carlsborg Expert

Well Done!

A lot of hard work has paid off in good stead.

:)

Dudley

Cheers all.

By the way, when you come to our site, please don't forget to leave a message on the messageboards!

Byron Virgo

I would, but it all looks so pristine and nice that I'd feel somewhat remiss if I soiled it!

Bloody well done guys - looks like all your hard work is finally paying off. Superb!

Richmond Clements

Cheers Byron.

And as if you people haven't had enough tasty treats!
How about a little peek at what Mr. Ranson's been up to?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/rac11/ArthurRansoncompleteWEBoddboy.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">

And you haven't even seen the cover yet...

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.