Main Menu

New Doctor Who Magazine BSP!

Started by MIKE COLLINS, 23 June, 2005, 01:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIKE COLLINS

as in Blatent Self Promotion...

The strip in the new DHM is written AND drawn my moi, inks by the lovely Kris Justice and colours by Teaguey.

Can't remember who it was who was waxing lyrically about Dogs Playing Poker paintings but there's a little treat in there for you :-)

This has been a 'buy my book' presentation...

Bart Oliver

One of the students I support based his personal project on Dr. Who this year.

I've been following your work sporadically when he brings his Monthlies in.

He's got them dating back to the Gibson Baker strips.

Rock on Mr. Collins!
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Max Kon

ARRISARRIS

...nothing wrong with promoting your work, wish a few more artists would let us know where and when there hard work is going to appear...

...by the way loved Roses line 'like your tailor, maybe you should try something like that, Doctor?'
would have topped it of nicely if he'd said something like 'been there, done that'...

MIKE COLLINS

>...by the way loved Roses line 'like your tailor, maybe you should try something like that, Doctor?'
would have topped it of nicely if he'd said something like 'been there, done that'...<

Wasn't sure how far I could push that :-)

That whole design idea came out of all the press pundits pushing for Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen as the Doctor during silly season before EcckyThump got the gig.

BTW Anyone from the Black Country should recognize the alien as vaguely inspired by the bizarre character on KVE Pork Scratchings...(is the symbol still used?)

Who said going to the pub wasn't inspirational?

Dunk!

I feel any self-promotion by an artist should be accompanied with some exclusive sketches or a sneak peek at artwork. :)
"Trust we"

MIKE COLLINS

OK, never tried posting art before... see how this works....http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EHq6QmGcczEfjYqsGnA5mggm7ifLbz3H2-skAISvKEWZFKGIM-5_Ix8xAXSLvfFk6OV-lAxCVrCnVJFOWXAh/Art%20Attack%20page%202.jpg">

Artificial Idiot

That looks fantastic! I can't wait to get down town and pick up a copy!

ARRISARRIS

...I get my copy of Doctor Who magazine on subscription and as far as i know it comes to my door about a week before it gets to the shops...

...thanks for the reply Mr Collins, one thing i find sad about this Doctors comic strip life is how short it will be, i assume we will have the Tennant version sometime in the new year, so that would make Eccleston the shortest Doctor in the comic strip ever...

...this i find sad because i think all that have portrayed the ninth doctor in comic strip form so far really have nailed the character and the type of stories that revolve around him, i can hear the actors speaking the lines, or is that just me???...

Dunk!

"Trust we"

MIKE COLLINS

>Nice to see the Meep in there.<

oh, there's lots of references to old characters from TV and the previous comic strips...

I had a lotta fun on this...

MIKE COLLINS

oop! The pic has gone away!

Anyone any idea why?

LARF

MIKE COLLINS

ok...http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EHq6QmGcczEfjYqsGnA5mggm7ifLbz3H2-skAISvKEWZFKGIM-5_Ix8xAXSLvfFk6OV-lAxCVrCnVJFOWXAh/Art%20Attack%20page%202.jp">

MIKE COLLINS

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cM66Qp3MgdOIQpqz6CDWJ9tPaJDo3mv7mjSBjWeM92pfOtfoDL8sbKajbZOiejzJxbnHbAXCBaqw6HeGW_FD/Art%20Attack%20page%202.jpg">