Main Menu

Frankly My Dear...

Started by Carlsborg Expert, 25 June, 2005, 08:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

If you dont want to be seen as mysogynist comic reading people then why not discuss,now, Vivian Leigh's performance in " Gone with the wind" and its storytelling ability?

Bico

Carlsborg Expert

I think she out-acted out-emoted Clark Gable all the way.

He was stuck with the word Celebrity where as Viv was Scarlet O'Hara through to her burking ambition.

Richmond Clements

I like the bit when the guy gets shot in the face.

Bico

I liked the end, where Rhett kicks Scarlett's ass to the curb.  He's give that skank every chance, but she just takes and takes and he just wises up at last and ditches her.  He's all "Fuck you, bitch!" and goes off to drink and whore it up somewhere, and she's got fuck all.  Serves her right, the cunt.

Buddy

Bear, that quote should go on the poster!

Endjinn

I think I love you Prof. As only a man can platonically love a swearing internet bear.

Bico

Like most feminists, I don't have time for reading too much into the supposed empowering of women in blatantly populist cinema.
Although Bambi is quite clearly a parable depicting the need of working-class men to destroy strong-minded single mothers (who don't rely on male figures to support and educate their child) through the obviously phallic imagery of a gun.

Wils

The only nuggets of info I know about Gone with the Wind are:

Clark Gable ate loads of garlic every day they were shooting a kissing scene to deliberately fuck Vivian Leigh off, who detested it with a vengeance.

During the burning of the town, the studio did it on the cheap by torching old sets from other films. Included in these were the gates from King Kong.

Carlsborg Expert

Right.

For one thing, Im merely using the tagline of mysogynism as a connectivity to a new subject.

I wrote the opening statement in a "phrasology" where the substantiate attention grabber would be soon shorted by the more superior subject matter.

That subject matter,if I was reading the opening staement-as a stranger-would have been Vivienne Lieghs acting ability against Clark Gables Celebrity.

As you obviously need to steal the subject matter to prove your wit and happily engage in a mob mentality,(which by the way shows off more than a little homo-eroticism),one can only assume your responses are but those of dogs in a corner.

Excepting Wils unpredictable sensible post.Surprisingly.

After this,your comments recieve only,meh.:-(

And that you all require nose jobs.

Bico

Well, I suppose it could certainly be construed that any exchange of ideas between men is homoerotic in that the creative outlet substitutes for the male inability to concieve children - the arts as the true child of any man's need to reproduce some small part of himself for the world - and the clash of ideas creates a sort of sexual friction/fusion of aforesaid male energies to those who wish to view it as such.
Which makes you a poof, Jimbo - 'cause no-one else was making queer jokes.

Pyroxian

Sorry, I couldn't find the GN for this - where can you buy it?

Steve ;)

Carlsborg Expert

As confrontational as your reply is,Bear, may I remind you that consieving yourself as an animal basic immediately creates the paradox of creativity,by ways of constituting thought process inevitability.

Thus unaware of female active generecisms involving torque male syncapations.

To explain; How would you feel in circumstances revealing your darker slyness? inevetably as an animal or some-one who distinguishes the act of humanity as an animallistic act?

Carlsborg Expert

Desparation.

B4 U Say it.

Bico

You confuse me by making the statement 'act of humanity' - a singular inference rather than generic process, ongoing or otherwise (also not clarified).  Prey tell - how so?

Apart from that "yo' momma, beyatch!"

(and I wouldn't say desperation - I'd say defensive and projecting)