Main Menu

Starscape Update

Started by starscape, 30 June, 2005, 07:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

...and have some serious issues with the small press in general, if recent posts are anything to go by.
But as has been pointed out - right fist, wrong people.  In my opinion, the 'official' comics industry has slightly more to answer for than a bunch of people printing up student rags in their garage.

starscape

...and have some serious issues with the small press in general, if recent posts are anything to go by.

Noticed that myself.

If someone is that good why haven?t we seen them again

I believe you will.  Watch this space. (Is there any way I can pdf up an issue to 2000adonline so people can make up their own minds?)

Banners

Is there any way I can pdf up an issue to 2000adonline so people can make up their own minds?

Sure, just upload the file to your webspace and post a link here.

M@

Dudley

Love the way people on this board try to talk down to you when you offer an opinion that they don?t like.

I promise you that's not the reason I'm talking down to you.  Lots of people here have opinions I don't like.

Quirkafleeg

Chris... I've sent you my address via the send mail. Let us know if you don't get it.

Gary 'written for them all' Wilkinson

starscape

OK, you don't get the free VCD of Romero's Night of the Living Dead, the Fleischer's Superman (or indeed the fanfilm of the Green Arrow) but here's a limited edition (I'll be taking it down in a couple of days time) of the pdf (for printing) of Starscape vol.2 #1 featuring that talents of...

Link: http://superherostore.150m.com/2000AD_files/vol2-1.pdf" target="_blank">Gary '2000AD' Simpson!

Dudley

If like mine your browser's a bit shit and web-fu is weak, just right-click on Gary '2000AD' Simpson above and click "save target as".

Dunk!

Cool, can i have back the ?2.50 i sent you for a copy earlier in the week? :)

Miser Tulkas
"Trust we"

starscape

Sheesh, you can't win! :)

No, but you can have a copy of another issue you're missing (and you got the VCD).

I'll probably take this down in about an hour now.  It's received pretty good reviews so far and I'd be interested in anyone else's opinion.

BTW Gary achieved something that legendary DC/ Marvel writer Tony Isabella failed to do - having a story accepted by 2000AD.

Banners

And here is a version with the pages in the correct reading order...

M@

Link: Reading Order Version (4.2 Mb)

Banners

Oops...

Fixed link.

M@

Link: http://www.aptronym.co.uk/starsc_web.pdf" target="_blank">Reading Order Version (4.2 Mb)

Matt Timson

Zombie cowboys- what's not to like?
Pffft...

pauljholden

Must say, I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. It's the most normal thing in the world to put the highest profile job a creator has ever done in double quotes regardless of when it was done -- for example, Dave "Watchmen" Gibbons, Dave "V for Vendetta" Lloyd, Frazer "Necronauts" Irving, etc. The fact that they haven't done that particular project in yonks has no baring on anything ('Dave "Watchemen" Gibbons' turns up all the time despite Watchmen being over 20 years old).

Plus ... I don't think the title '2000ad' has the magic allure that you're ascribing to it - I doubt very much people are making their purchasing decision on small press comics based entirely on whether someone's been in 2000AD or not.

-pj "The Moon Looked Down and Laughed" Holden

Dudley

PJ 'Futurequake' Holden, shurely?

pauljholden

Well, I was going for *really* obscure, so probably PJ "Domain" Holden.