Main Menu

Edinburgh Fringe Stuff

Started by Banners, 25 July, 2005, 06:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

I know this is like the dumbest question to ask with only two weeks to go, but seeing as there seems to be a Scottish contingent on the board, I wonder if anyone has contacts or recommendations for cheap accomodation (or any accomodation!) during the last two weeks of the forthcoming Fringe (15th-27th).

A couple of friends of mine would like to come up and see a show I'm in, but are struggling to find anywhere.

Did I mention I was in a show? Oops - how did that slip out? Yup - I get to pull my trousers down in the name of 'theatre', so anyone who fancies seeing what will no doubt be an artistic phenomenon (and hopefully a "Hello" afterwards), is more than welcome.

Recommendations for other shows for us to see while we're up there (and not getting rid of 16,000 flyers) also well received.

Cheers,

M@

Rex Banner

Throughly recommend Good Wil Hodgson.

Won best newcomer last year.

Link: http://www.wilhodgson.co.uk" target="_blank">Good Wil Hodgson

Dudley

Have they phoned VisitScotland?  Thoroughly recommended.

Then again, trusting to blind luck on the day hasn't yet let me down at the Fringe.  Though there are some odd potential side-effects.

Trout

Good luck with the show!

Mwah, hah, hah.

- The fish who's heard of stage traditions

Banners

Well tomorrow we head North for our Fringe show which starts on Monday. However, we've just lost our promised mini-bus so now have to work out how to fit 6 people, keyboards, a PA, costumes set and props into the back of my dodgy Fiat.

Forgive the pimping, but if any Edinburgh-bound boarders fancy seeing a cyber-fellow wiggling their arse around, you'd be most welcome.

Or, we're on in Birmigham in Sept so you may see a poster-or-two around the City Centre before then. And then onto Kiddermister and Oxford.

...if my Fiat makes it back in one piece...(!)

Cheers,

M@

Link: http://www.troikaproductions.co.uk" target="_blank">Piaf

Quirkafleeg

Last time I went to the Fringe  I stopped at Uni accomadation at Herriot Watt out of town... however It wasnt that cheap (about the same as a up market B&B) and I had a huge argument one morning over the ridiculous bureaucracy involved in getting your breakfast and it was a bus ride in and out of town (well apart from the first night when I was too pissed to find the bus stop - it was behind a tree - and had to have a horrifically expensive taxi... but apart from that it was great!