Main Menu

...What long Defunct Comic Do You Miss From Your Youth?...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 30 July, 2005, 07:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...mine has to be Nutty, a stable mate of the Dandy and the Beano produced by D. C. Thomson and the original home of Bananaman, great stuff...

Max Kon

+rufus+

Action (hookjaw!!!)...Battle (Major Eazy, Rat Pack,The Sarge,Johnny Red)...Warlord...Starlord.. Any thing with guns and 'Achtung, Gott in Himmel!!'
 rufus

Bico

Richmond Clements

I'd go for 'Nutty' too, or 'Crazy', which was mental.

Victor. It had True War Stories on the front cover, didn't it? I can remember reading it while waiting in the barbers in my youth. When I used to go for haircuts, obviously.

Endjinn

Although it was before my time, my school had a stack of old Wildcats, which I must've read through a dozen times aged 7.

Tweak72

Oink! Eagle when it was good i would like to know what happened to the survivers in Zoids from Zoids fortnightly and i wish i was aware of Warrior when it started
then theres all the attempst at creator owned news stand stuff in the 90's
Deadline
Toxic
Strip
Blast
ah headie days
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dark Jimbo

Ah, Oink was great. And Sonic the Comic was awesome, some great Richard Elson artwork in it.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bico

Toxic! you say?  Surely you mean "Pat Mills weekly"?  Started well, but the rubbish downturn on Marshall Law ruined it for me, and it just seemed to get terribly bogged-down by sub-Bisley gore-fests with little or no story.  Bogie Man was good, though.
If anyone wants some old issues of Strip, Mind, I've got 2,3,4,5,6 (the reprint they gave away with a later issue, not the original),8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,19 and 20 if you want them.

The Amstor Computer

Ooh... I have a few gaps in my Strip collection that I wouldn't mind filling. If no-one else is interested, I'd be tempted to snap up a couple of issues.

Bico

No problem, they're going in the bin otherwise.

(if I can't fob them off to the local charity shops)

Tweak72

bollox im too late and theres me with out one strip to my name
should of kept me trap shut lol
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

The Amstor Computer

Well, I'm just after a couple of issues to fill gaps. If Bear is OK with it, I'll just ask for the few issues I'm after & I'm sure the rest would be free for you.

I'll check what I need just now...

Floyd-the-k

most of the comics I read in my youth are still going (Archie, those little war comics, Heavy Metal, Marvel comics).
 However, I miss Captain Goodvibes, the surfing pig, which was a comic in Tracks the Australian surfing magazine. I can't surf but it was very funny
  I kind of miss Marvel's overseas reprint editions. The british ones were very 2000 ADish - anthology (of Gene Colan's Daredevil, the Hulk and something else) and the same size as 2000AD. The Australian ones gave me the feeling of finally being in on something from the beginning.

yours wondering if Whizzer and Chips is still going

Lobo Baggins

yours wondering if Whizzer and Chips is still going

Nah, it merged with Buster in about 1990.

Buster itself is long gone, too...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.