Main Menu

Grant Morrison is evil, and so is Mark Millar

Started by DavidXBrunt, 23 October, 2005, 04:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

So says Paty Cockrum, wife of the X-men artist Dave Cockrum. It's all in the link and it's all pretty deranged and strange if you ask me. Worth a look, if only for the acompanying photograph.

Link: http://www.screamifyouwantit.com/mambo/content/view/68/27/" target="_blank">Erm..are you sure that's not libel?

DavidXBrunt

So, Paty, do tell me more...

Link: http://www.screamifyouwantit.com/mambo/content/view/70/27/" target="_blank">Morrison & Millar, evil snobbish Brit/Scots aristo

The Amstor Computer

Wils

Byron Virgo

Chris Claremeont...complex characterisation...surely the two are mutually exclusive?

Is that really a woman?

Queen Firey-Bou

at this point i feel a touch nervous about being a comic fan ... should i grab this woman by the scruff of the neck & scream " get a life, or at least some perspective !!" at her ?

bloody freaks.

Matt Timson

"Brit/Scots aristocracy of Morrison and Millar.."

Hmmm...
Pffft...

Richmond Clements

I'm not doctor... but I suspect this woman is fucking mental.

Quirkafleeg

"The opinions expressed in this column are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of anyone else at SCREAM. In fact, we're hiding behind the car until the shooting stops..."

Bico

I think this may be a humourous column.
At least, for her sake, I'd hope so.

Floyd-the-k

I had no idea Morrison and Millar were aristocratic or anti-semitic.  Just out of interest, are the Xmen stories she alludes to any good?

The Amstor Computer

Morrison's stint on X-Men is generally highly regarded, and seemed to be trying to take them in interesting new directions. Unfortunately, Marvel now seem determined to retcon his time on the series out of existence (much to the delight of Paty Cockrum, I'm sure).

Lobo Baggins

What I want to know is, why is Chris Clairmont regarded as a comics writing genius?

I've only really read a few of his stories, but they've always struck me as being, well, a bit shit really.  Is it just me?
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Richmond Clements

You're not alone at all. I've got the first volume of his much vaunted X-Men run, and it's complete shit from start to finish.

DavidXBrunt

It is however very different from the other comics that were coming out of the House of Ideas at the time and hugely influential. In it's time it was a creative leap forwards. The fact that he hasn't changed his style or voice in the intervening 30 years is something of a drawback.

I'm rather glad that John Wagner hasn't fallen into the same trap, however good his early Dredds were there'd be something...retarded about 2k pumping out the same sort of stories today.