Main Menu

Graphic Novels for December

Started by 2000AD Online, 24 November, 2005, 06:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Start the Festive Season With Three New Graphic Novels from Tharg's Sack of Zarjaz!

JUDGE DREDD: THE COMPLETE CASE FILES 01

John Wagner, Pat Mills, Carlos Ezquerra, Brian Bolland and many others.
336pp
?13.99
Paperback

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE LAW...

For almost thirty years one man has dominated the British comic scene. He is judge, jury and executioner, a merciless far-future lawman delivering justice with an iron fist on the mean streets of Mega-City One. He is Judge Dredd!

Now you can re-discover the roots of this legendary character in this vast and Thrill-packed series of graphic novels collecting together all of Dredd?s adventures in chronological order, complete and uncut!

JUDGE DEATH: MY NAME IS DEATH

John Wagner and Frazer Irving
112pp
?9.99
Paperback

Judge Death, a twisted alien being from a dimension where all life is crime, has escaped from a Mega-City One containment facility and headed out into the radioactive hell of the Cursed Earth. Here his path of destruction continues as he searches for the means to destroy all humanity.

This macabre road trip takes Death through the twisted remains of Las Vegas, teams him up with two cold-blooded serial killers, and shows him that the true path to annihilation lies deep below the desert sands.

This blackly comic story is written by John Wagner (Judge Dredd, A History of Violence) and illustrated by Frazer Irving (Klarion the Witchboy, Hellblazer).

ROBO-HUNTER: PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM

Alan Grant, John Wagner and Ian Gibson
192pp
?11.99

SLADE SINGS!

The streets are alive with the sound of robots in this latest collection of classic Robo-Hunter cases.

National Song Year has been declared in Brit-Cit and Sam Slade is facing musical lunacy on every side. The Human League has declared death to all robots and the robo-Prime Minister Iron Aggie has hired Slade to infiltrate their gang.

Slade finds himself at the centre of a vast and deadly conspiracy that even he may not be able to sing his way out of!

Written by John Wagner (Judge Dredd, A History of Violence) and Alan Grant (Lobo, Batman) and featuring artwork by Ian Gibson (The Ballad of Halo Jones), this collection is packed full of the very best of Sam Slade.

Link: Tharg's Newsround

longmanshort

I'm really, really tempted by the Complete Case Files but fear it will become a financial millstone around my neck!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

El Spurioso

That is SUCH a great cover design.

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/mediumres/casefiles1.jpg">

Matt Timson

Beat me to it!  It's great, isn't it?
Pffft...

Dudley

These looking f**ing awesome.  May Tharg's Sack always gush true.

Conexus

Tharg's gush is red and black? - ewwwh!

longmanshort

Blimey. At around 60 progs per edition, the total set's already going to be 25 volumes big!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Wake

I know the image but can't immediately place it. Where does it come from?

Cheers,

Wake

Matt Timson

Isn't it from the Mutie the Pig episode?
Pffft...

Lord Running Clam

I take it by the cover that each Dredd:case files is going to be a years worth of progs?

Love the cover design aswell.Do you think they will all be red or are going to alternate colors?

Bolt-01

Thing is, it'll never end...

I think the collection up till 500 will be the biggest sellers.

Did we discover whether the colour spreads will be in colour?

Bolt-01

The Amstor Computer

Very nice covers - congrats to all involved, and especially to the design droids. It does now seem that it was DC's dead hand on the rudder that perhaps led to some of the iffier design choices on the original run of trades...

The new Dredd Case Files design is much stronger than the placeholder that was doing the rounds, and it should be lovely if it's presented in the same matte finish as Rogue Vol. 3 & Satan's Island.

BTW - is the Robo-Hunter cover a "remastered" version of that classic prog cover, or has Ian Gibson redone the image? ISTR the original being slightly different, but that could just be my iffy memory.

All good stuff, but I do have one little complaint - we're nearly out of November, but there's still no sign of the November TPBs, and a couple of online shops I've checked seem to be saying they won't be out now until January! Even my usual supplier doesn't have them & doesn't know when they'll be available.

Any comments?

Proudhuff

'all of Dredd?s adventures in chronological order, complete and uncut!'

I know it sounds silly but,What exactly does that mean? Is this TPB starting at issue 2 of 2k and working onward to date?
If so its a big commitment or will it be like those 'Collection the set!' stuff you see advetised, the ones that never make it passed issue 3 in the newsagents and if you want to continue buying it you must sell your first born to an Italian printer somewhere in Europe?

Sorry to sound negitive but I remeber Titan trumpeting the same kind of thing.

Anyway the print on that covers small anyone anyidea the stories inside the snazzy cover?

Durring thewhaaaar Huff
DDT did a job on me

The Amstor Computer

Is this TPB starting at issue 2 of 2k and working onward to date?

AFAIK, yes. I suspect - hope - that Rebellion will keep on publishing the books as long as they remain profitable, and with three volumes announced already they do seem fairly committed to the line.

Anyway the print on that covers small anyone anyidea the stories inside the snazzy cover?

Every Dredd story from progs 2-60, so that's from his very first appearance right up to the story before The Cursed Earth. Volume two will pick up The Cursed Earth and The Day the Law Died, plus a couple of others.

Jonathan O

Okay, some answers.

Yes the Case Files will have those lurvely matt covers and the designers have done a brilliant job on the books. Really striking stuff.
Robo-Hunter is indeed a touched up Prog cover.
Yes, there has been slight delays on the Graphic Novels but all of the November Graphic Novels are now shipping. In fact I got the advanced copies of Red Seas this morning.
There are lots of Case Files books to come, as to how many, again watch this space folks!

Cheers

Jon