Main Menu

Da Vinci Code Myth;Revealed.Channel 5. Now.

Started by Carlsborg Expert, 30 November, 2005, 02:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

Carlsborg Expert

Yes, I think we've all met a descendent of the Christ/Magdelane affair.

Mine says hes learnt the lessons of his forefather and keeps quiet whilst working in nuclear rngineering.

Bless.

Bico

Art

Soon to be a major motion picture directed by Ron Howard!

Bico

Haven't read the book, but my brother was tut-tutting all through the teaser trailer in the cinema, and seemed taken aback at my insistence that every supposedly good idea in the book he mentioned to me, I'd come across in comics or on tv shows.
There might be something in it that Brown came up with himself, but no-one's pointed it out to me yet.

Art

Hey, if he came up with stuff himself it wouldn't be based on "extensive research"*!

* The "Mystisism" section of the local remaindered bookshop.

Carlsborg Expert

Well at the end of that Channel 5 thing. It seems I was suckered into watching a ballooned book review.

Soon to be a major motion picture directed by Ron Howard!

So. I wasnt impressed. I made a little joke about Leanardo though it goes on the drift of Sewell Historian saying;

" Leanardo broke the mould of the renaiscence.Did he mean to ? Was he following some secret agenda? Did he use a rubber?"

LOL.

Art

(It's a remaindered bookshop run by dyslexics)

Bico

The movie might be good, though - a load of daft plot elements wrapped up in an action-movie.  Might be fun.
Clive Cussler's books are utter tripe, yet I can say that I quite enjoyed Sahara.  Utterly ridiculous film, but there was something infectiously likeable about the way the whole thing was played with a straight face by all involved.  No sexual chemistry between the leads, though.  Not even the two blokes, Dirk and Al - a recurring element of the books iirc.

Byron Virgo

Watched Sahara at work - utter shit, and actually quite offensive for much of the time. And not even laughable in an entertaining way. We ended up turning it off halfway through.

Carlsborg Expert

Well the Magdelane carrying Jesus' baby, is common knowledge in conpiritual worlds. this is it it starts off with scriptures and apparently we never get to finding out where Christ kissed Magdelane.

Im coincidentally a conspicist picks up on this notion and diverts the attention to whereever he/she wants to furrow a path.

A lot of that~I wont even call it a documentary ~had the end resolution that its fine to sell books off the back of it. Not that Im against it just ,the whole operation rolled on in an "We're here to shift a load of books before a film comes out"

The joke about Leo using an erazer occred to me when I saw the perfect line on the Vetruvian man. Absolutely firstclass non errored line. Surely he had to have used a pencil predecesser and a pre-tippex device?

Carlsborg Expert

They are trying to stop me from saying consssspityouarh! The word doesnt even exist. Plotters, then.

hmmff.

Bico

That's the sickness talking!

I wasn't trying to suggest Sahara was a good film in any way, only that I quite enjoyed watching it at the time.

It's worth noting that mainstream telly asking questions about Christ's chastity - or even if he existed - is a relatively new phenomonon.  Ten years ago you wouldn't have got that programme on telly at all.  I'm not sure about C5's newfound fondness for documentaries on primetime, but I suppose someone has to take up the slack from C4 turning into the Hollyoaks channel.
And Vernon F Kaye.  Let's not forget that.  As if we could.

Carlsborg Expert

He could have watermarked it I suppose...

Buddy