Main Menu

Sneck! Strontium Dog is here!!!

Started by Thread Zero, 30 May, 2002, 02:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Got the big Finish cd this morning. Wow it came a few days early!

Had a little listen. First thing I noticed - it has a very groovy disco (yes disco!) theme tune. Better than Dredd's music!

Second thing is the scenes seem longer. Well the second scene is. Feels more like a film scene. Most of Dredd's were pretty short but this one has a nice pace to it. Just something I noticed.

The other great thing about it - there are no news breaks! I really think Dredd doesn't need Enigma Smith and her news items.

Anyway Simon Pegg seems fine as Johnny. He plays the character hard. Haven't heard the other characters yet.

But from what I heard, it sounds pretty good. Much potential.

scojo - Wanted dead for message board crimes. Earth Time Period: 21st century.  1 Million credits. Time job.

Search and Destroy Agency: Warrant no 346/72

Thread Zero

DOH!

I never saw DavidX's thread already on the site!

Mumble groan....

scojo

DavidXBrunt

That's okay. I'll post on this one. We'll make this the official 'Down To Earth' thread.

I really enjoyed this one. The others have been okay, but this was much better. A shame it's 4 months to the next 'S.D.' disc.

It oculd be that I thought it was a better translation because I'm not as familiar with the series as I am with Dredd. I've read maybe a dozen S.D. stories as the very most. And two of those had Dredd in. And another two were Middenface solo stories. Whatever, this bodes well for the future. Hopefully Jonathon Clements will be back.

Thread Zero

Can't wait to hear it, later David. Sounds quite good.

Although I like the Dredd cd's, I think they can be even better!

I would scrap the news breaks, tell the actors to not overact (hee hee) and try to make the story a little more serious. I don't think Dredd needs support. Amy Steele isn't needed.

Just Dredd on his own. The support is the city.

I would love to write one, please Big Finish???????

scojo on knees begging:)

Mantrid

Glad to hear that Strontium Dog has scored an early hit - or so it seems.

Comments regarding Dredd are noted. The next Dredd - 'The Killing Zone' will not have Steel in it though she will be back in the future for some, but not all Dredd adventures. Sorry to hear you're not so keen on Enigma - however, from a script writers point of view she's very useful as 'the voice of the city'. We don't have huge casts for each of the plays so it isn't practical to have too many different characters. Enigma is a good way of representing the city with just one voice. However, we will give this some thought and may at least try one Dredd without Enigma at some point in the future.

Finally, those of you who like 'Down to Earth' will be pleased to know that Jonathan Clements will be back, firstly with a Judge Dredd and then almost certainly another Strontium Dog.

Thanks for your support and interest.

John Ainsworth
Producer - 2000 AD
Big Finish Productions

Link: http://www.doctorwho.co.uk" target="_blank">Big Finish Website

Thread Zero

John,

Can I write one and send it to you? I have emailed you.

scojo

Thread Zero

I mean you did take note of my suggestions. Hee hee!

scojo

Thread Zero

Yeah it seems I was right. When you get the SD cd, check how many track numbers there are.

Just 34 tracks compared to Wanted's 85 and Trap's 77.

I wonder which is better? Long or short scenes?

Mmm... worth hearing which works better.

scojo

Judge Wapner

Haven't heard Down to Earth yet, but it's on my list to get.  

I'd second the reservations expressed here concerning Enigma Smith.  She's not terrible, but as a "voice of the city" fixture she's a bit of a crutch.  I'd rather hear from Enigma occasionally instead of having her be a structural element of every Dredd audio.  Could get to be repetitive and novelty of the gimick could wear thin.  

W. R. Logan

>John,
>Can I write one and send it to you? I have emailed you.
>scojo

Please say yes, that way he might be too busy to write any more movie scripts meaning we may get some peace and quiet here and not be subjected to this constant movie script crap that he constantly posts.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79 Yahoo Group

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/specials/mediumres/bigfinish3.jpg">